Crawler Lift purchase

Best crawler lift

• all

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • all

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

CreTree

Me too. I'm going to watch this thread. How much do you plan on spending Greg, and what size? My ultimate would be 75', as it would do any tree within 60 mi. We have a major issue with Crypt Gall Wasp and our Black Oaks are becoming very dangerous to climb. Anyone with a bucket is doing the accessable ones, but I want the rest.

treesandsurf

I have a 68' italmec it's a great machine really allows you to do a lot of work in a short amount of time for many jobs. If you like climbing I would not get a spider lift because you will end up trying to find ways to use it on every job. If I were in the market to buy a lift I would buy the omme 2750rx hands down, I wouldn't even consider another lift after seeing and hearing what these machines can do. They are 95' working height. They are about 180K new I believe.

jp:D

I have a 68' italmec it's a great machine really allows you to do a lot of work in a short amount of time for many jobs. If you like climbing I would not get a spider lift because you will end up trying to find ways to use it on every job. If I were in the market to buy a lift I would buy the omme 2750rx hands down, I wouldn't even consider another lift after seeing and hearing what these machines can do. They are 95' working height. They are about 180K new I believe.

jp:D
We have the Omme 2750. Sweet. 90 ft. Have been able to do larger trees without climbing. In fact, have not climbed any tree the past 2 years. Getting ready to purchase another Platform Basket 72 footer also. Demo is next week. Best decision we ever made was to ditch the bucket and go with a lift.

deevo

We have the Omme 2750. Sweet. 90 ft. Have been able to do larger trees without climbing. In fact, have not climbed any tree the past 2 years. Getting ready to purchase another Platform Basket 72 footer also. Demo is next week. Best decision we ever made was to ditch the bucket and go with a lift.
I bought a tracked lift after demoing teupen, crawler and went with an easy lift 70-36 AJ .... Your right I ran a bucket for years and never going back ( I don't do any utility stuff anymore ) I do a lot of cottage area work and this can go on and off a barge no problem, weighs only 6600lbs

Attachments

cory

Hi Menchofer, How do you like the "no computers are in an Omne" (if I have it right that Omne is the brand which contains no computers anywhere in it)??

We have the OMME 86 footer. Its a pretty amazing machine. Personally think its good there are no computers, I believe that makes it a little more simple to use. Its pretty idiot proof the machine senses its positioning and doesn't let you go into lengths and angles it can't handle. Its not super easy to do prunes with you can't snake in between leads and limbs as easily as with a bucket. You have to think of it more like a crane the way it moves I guess.

We have the OMME 86 footer. Its a pretty amazing machine. Personally think its good there are no computers, I believe that makes it a little more simple to use. Its pretty idiot proof the machine senses its positioning and doesn't let you go into lengths and angles it can't handle. Its not super easy to do prunes with you can't snake in between leads and limbs as easily as with a bucket. You have to think of it more like a crane the way it moves I guess.

I do not believe OMME makes a 86 foot lift. 82 should be your height. Next size is 90.

So with any track mounted lifts there are pro's and con's to any brand. I work with SherrillTree and have been talking to hundreds of arborists and small business owners about the Teupen lifts and if you want a bit more information feel free to give me a call at the office (or about anything tree related really...) I can give you the inside scoop on a lot of the different brands, pricing and financing information. If you have been thinking about one of these kinds of lifts then let me send you a bit of information. Call 336-378-0444 and ask for Chris, or ext 206

http://www.sherrilltree.com/Teupen

On a side/personal note, they are amazing machines... I have worked in lifts ranging from the Genie z-135/70's (which was an amazing machine, but also weighs close to 45,000 lbs...) to rickety little 1 man lifts with a hand crank.. (not even kidding...never again...) and I was AMAZED at the stability of the boom on the Teupen lifts. In the TC69 I was able to be around 60' in the air and still around 30' out , bounce around like a mad man with myself and another Sherrill guy with very little movement compared to something like a bucket truck.

Very nice machine with the engineering and experience to back it up.

Attachments

brendonv

Tracked lifts are nice. I worked three years pt for a guy and I climbed on crane jobs and maybe once a month if that on other jobs. He has a teupen 25gt or something like that. 75'.

After owning my own rear mount bucket, I guess I can now say they both have ups and downs. The biggest downs of the spider was not being able to go over center, and the tuepen constantly breaking down. When I was there I'd guess he'd spent 15-20k on unnecessary break downs. Tuepen greased the wire loom to get it into the boom from factory, turns out the grease eats the covering on the wires. 8000$ for them to replace. Not under warranty. Multiple mercury switches for the levelnig devise. Numerous cracks on the under carriage and other issues.

The newer other brands seem better. Less electronics. Demo some. Looking back I shoulda bought a tracked lift. Then again I find climbing to be most effiecent for my setup.

Hi Menchofer, How do you like the "no computers are in an Omne" (if I have it right that Omne is the brand which contains no computers anywhere in it)??

Have been watching these lifts for about 10 years. Sold my 04 sweet Altec w/elevator and demoed available lifts. Crawler, Teupen, etc. Omme seems to to be best built. One of the reasons for purchase was lack of computer and horror stories I heard with Crawler and Teupen. Everything is switches and electric over hydraulics. Simple fixes instead of having technician fly out to examine the machine on your dime. I also demoed the 82 footer. Nice machine but the extra side reach of the 90 made it happen for me. Countless times just that extra reach have been the difference between getting out of the bucket or reaching something.

Remember, side reach is just as important as height. True, there is learning curve as you tackle the tree a differently, but like everything else,no big deal. Go back to a bucket? Nope.

Last edited:

matdand

That's some serious coin! Have you ever thought about mounting a small chipper to the front of a trailer to be able to haul the lift at the same time?

deevo

That's some serious coin! Have you ever thought about mounting a small chipper to the front of a trailer to be able to haul the lift at the same time?
Yeah but it'll be paid within a year, my old bucket was over $120,000 new. No, I use one tons for my chip trucks. It's an amazing piece of equipment and I have a pretty big waiting list of other co's for work for it.