Crane Operator training for tree work

allmark

Can you give us more info about your company. Who is the trainer?
What the training involves? Types of cranes? What the experience entails

Crane training

I have been doing tree work for 28 yrs 10 climbing and 17 running a crane. I have had the opportunity to work with some of the best like Mark Chisholm through sponsorship of Altec cranes and sherrilltree. The reason I started this company is to help others learn what I know and make our industry safer. Over the past few years alot of companies have purchase crane and sent guys to crane operator school and found out that them schools don't teach you anything, we are in a industry that most crane rental company will not service and when they do the operatorsdon't know anything about tree work and that is very unsafe I don't offer a certification at this time but we are working on that with isa now. But we do offer knowledge and wisdom. Our training is using your crane and guys on your jobs. We do have a base price of 1700.00 per week+some experience based on location. Any other questions please feel free to contact me.

dbl612

I have been doing tree work for 28 yrs 10 climbing and 17 running a crane. I have had the opportunity to work with some of the best like Mark Chisholm through sponsorship of Altec cranes and sherrilltree. The reason I started this company is to help others learn what I know and make our industry safer. Over the past few years alot of companies have purchase crane and sent guys to crane operator school and found out that them schools don't teach you anything, we are in a industry that most crane rental company will not service and when they do the operatorsdon't know anything about tree work and that is very unsafe I don't offer a certification at this time but we are working on that with isa now. But we do offer knowledge and wisdom. Our training is using your crane and guys on your jobs. We do have a base price of 1700.00 per week+some experience based on location. Any other questions please feel free to contact me.
what is included for 1700/week?

Crane training

We show how to set up the jobs, the techniques we use to make different kind of pics as in overhangs as in widespread crowns, how to set up the picks so it is in total control, how to make the job go faster and safer. We teach how to us a spider leg. It is alot more we cover

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

SJ_Treeguy

Hey Crane Training could you elaborate on which classes or schools to stay clear of so i don't waste my money?!

Crane training

Hey Crane Training could you elaborate on which classes or schools to stay clear of so i don't waste my money?!
It is all kind of schools out here the problem is they don't teach you to set-up, run a crane they teach you to past the test. So you can take a one week class and past the test and still will not know how to run a crane

ROYCE

It is all kind of schools out here the problem is they don't teach you to set-up, run a crane they teach you to past the test. So you can take a one week class and past the test and still will not know how to run a crane

You can also take a class that shows you how to run a crane in one day....and still not know how to run a crane. It takes a long time to get to know how to do crane work.

dbl612

You can also take a class that shows you how to run a crane in one day....and still not know how to run a crane. It takes a long time to get to know how to do crane work.
there is no substitute for an apprenticeship with mentor that can answer everyday questions that come up. a quickie crane course is just a bare intro to the topic. the conditions at a crane course are limited and optimal in nature. in reality, the setup and operating conditions are totally more challenging. never mind that tree removal requires skill sets quite different than normal crane activities.