Coveralls?

Jamin_Mayer

Any one use short sleeved coveralls during the warm months while climbing? Dickies Coveralls.

In the winter I put on coveralls and overalls (depends on how cold it is). One thing I noticed is that coveralls allow for snag free climbing. What I mean is this; in the past, I used to climb with lots of layers on and I would get stuff caught in the bridge while climbing.

I then thought I'd take it further to wearing coveralls (sleevless & khaki color) during the warm season. It would simply be nice to never worry about shirts being untucked and getting stuck in the bridge. They seem like they may be hot, but I've never tried it.

Just checking if anyone has tried them for climbing. Or, if it seems like a bad idea. Even though things are cooling down, I'm thinking of trying it...

Thoughts?

And Derrick, welcome back!

jomoco

I've found the madsen's hickory shirts with the zippered front works best for me. And I like them long, almost like a mini skirt worn outside my motoX pants to ensure no sawdust gets inside my britches.

I'm kind of a pragmatist about my climbing clothing, I don't particularly care how my clothing looks so much, as how it works and breathes while protecting me. I wear long sleeves all year long, but I go through 2-3 shirts a day to avoid wearing a wet shirt. I like the madsen's shirts alot because they breathe well and provide good protection.

jomoco

Blinky

I'm sticking with all synthetic in the summer, no cotton.

And the coverall thing, I was thinking about that yesterday... it's too European looking for me.

chris_girard

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sticking with all synthetic in the summer, no cotton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blinky, I'm with you. Synthetic all the way in summer, and good Smartwool in the colder weather.

Cotton Sucks.

tomthetreeman

Jamin, when you get down from the tree you can go fix their car and then maybe do a home pest inspection afterwards.

-Tom

PS - And you have to get your name embroidered on a little patch on the front, too!

Chum

Isn't it kind of restrictive to have on a 'one-piece' outfit? I'm picturing the old guys out on the golf course with the Bing Crosby polyester suits on, or Clem and his cousin at the used tire shop, one strap undone and hanging loose, a big hairy tattooed man-boob hanging out.

Blinky

[ QUOTE ]
Jamin, when you get down from the tree you can go fix their car and then maybe do a home pest inspection afterwards.

-Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

No plumbing though.

django kroner

Any one use short sleeved coveralls during the warm months while climbing? Dickies Coveralls.

In the winter I put on coveralls and overalls (depends on how cold it is). One thing I noticed is that coveralls allow for snag free climbing. What I mean is this; in the past, I used to climb with lots of layers on and I would get stuff caught in the bridge while climbing.

I then thought I'd take it further to wearing coveralls (sleevless & khaki color) during the warm season. It would simply be nice to never worry about shirts being untucked and getting stuck in the bridge. They seem like they may be hot, but I've never tried it.

Just checking if anyone has tried them for climbing. Or, if it seems like a bad idea. Even though things are cooling down, I'm thinking of trying it...

Thoughts?

And Derrick, welcome back!
I'm on the hunt for synthetic, flexible, summer time cover alls

oldoakman

The ideal solution would be truewerk t-2 short sleeve coveralls. Listening Truewerk? Heard it here first.