Cottonwood Removal Drone Footage

Nice! I wondered if you would get it done in a day what with having 2 climbers. The last seconds show getting the face cut out so, I'm guessing you put it on the ground on day 1. BUT, it looked like you had to go back for all of the trunk wood.

Thanks for sharing!

--andrew

owScott

Yes, I had 1 guy rigging and I was cutting. We got it on the ground in 1 long day. It was dark when the final piece hit the ground. That's why the face cut was the last shot. Finished hauling the wood the next day. Thanks for watching.

As always, it is hard to tell from short video, but it looked healthy. Why was it removed?
Cool vid, what a majestic beast of a tree!

Sent from my SM-T818W using Tapatalk

owScott

As always, it is hard to tell from short video, but it looked healthy. Why was it removed?

This tree had a very large cavity at the base that went all the way under the buttress roots. If you watch closely at the end when I make the face cut you can see the hollow. I had been discussing the tree with the client for well over a year and it was a very tough decision to remove it, it was a beautiful trophy tree. I did an advanced tree risk assessment on the tree and the client decided in the end to remove it. When the tree was down and we could really see the extent of the decay, it confirmed their decision. Thanks for watching

Thank you for your reply. Glad you did the assessments and gave options to the owner. All we can do is give our recommendations as professionals but the owner has the final decision. Well done job and video. It was a pleasure to watch!

How about it’s a cottonwood enough said should have been removed before it was knee high!!! That’s my rules for my property!!!!