Corded chainsaw

treebing

I want a corded electric chainsaw It seems to me, you could have a pretty powerful unit but I can't seem to find a pro electric corded chainsaw. Is that not a thing? There are stronger battery saws than the corded ones. Cutting firewood by my building in a residential neighborhood calls for electric but I'm not seeing it.

Jehinten

If you don't mind the saw being stationary you could add a bar and chain to most any electric motor, then just bring the wood to the saw. I believe there are setups like this on certain wood processers that are ran indoors.

Jehinten

If you don't mind the saw being stationary you could add a bar and chain to most any electric motor, then just bring the wood to the saw. I believe there are setups like this on certain wood processers that are ran indoors.
Heres one example

New2trees

As already stated there is only so much power available, about 2hp tops when you figure in voltage drop in even a fairly short extension cord. Plus batteries have come a long way, really hard to get a solid answer out of Milwaukee but some of the engineers have said over a hundred amps peak are available. At a hundred amps this would supply about the same amount of peak power as a corded saw running with no extension cord. Then last but not least any corded saw you need to worry about cutting the cord.

JeffGu

Over the years, I've had several given to me... mostly Crapsman, Remington, etc. that I've given away. I have two that I bought, both the same model because they're the best ones I've tried, and they're not expensive. Limited to 18" bar, but with a sharp chain they cut as good as anything else. Mine have cut dozens of cords of firewood and are going strong.

WORX WG304.1

evo

Build a electric chainsaw mill. Three phase 5hp motor and just figure a way to flip horizontal to vertical depending if your cutting firewood or slabs