Contracting out EAB Injections -looking for opinions and advice

First time poster!
I'm an urban forester for Fairfax County Virginia. For the past 5 years, our staff has injected about 100 ash trees on a three year cycle using Emamectin benzoate (EB) (TreeAge) with the Arborjet Quickjet and IV systems. Don't really have any complaints with this rig. This year we are considering contracting out tree injections to a commercial tree company. We are committed to keeping with EB.

I'm looking for Arborists' opinions on the Wedgle Direct-inject system. I've seen previous posts where arborists weren't too keen on the Wedgle. I also have a friend who used the Wedgle and hated it. But I want to keep an open mind, so I want to throw it out there.
Besides Arborject I see the Q-connect system. Any opinions about this? Not sure I'm comfortable using a plugless system. I'm worried about leakage around the needle. A concern or am I being picky. I'm wondering if it takes a little more skill with a plugless system. Also if there are any other EB delivery systems or brands that you used (Boxer and Brandt), I like your feedback on that.
Because of the improved viscosity, we are probably going to go with TreeAge G4 or Arbormectin.
I know I'm asking for a lot of input, but any information from your injection experience that will help me with the contract specs is greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jack

JD3000

Most well-known member
I've heard good things about the Brandt system.

Wedgle often leads to localized necrosis at the injection site.

jed1124

Definitely stick with the arbor-jet or rainbow q-connect. There is no issue with not using the plugs. G4 or ArborMectin is the way to go.

ATH

I don't even know why they still make the original Tree-age. The difference in time per tree between that and G4 is huge. But if you are writing specs, I wouldn't tell them which of the 3 they need to use...just specify dose and let them use whichever the contractor is comfortable with.

I don't even know why they still make the original Tree-age. The difference in time per tree between that and G4 is huge. But if you are writing specs, I wouldn't tell them which of the 3 they need to use...just specify dose and let them use whichever the contractor is comfortable with.
We've been using treeage for the past 4-5 years. Yes slow uptake to sometimes non-existent uptake was a real issue for us. Thanks for your input.