Compost Tea Aeration Rates

marlinspiker

Im looking for information regarding the proper rate of oxygenation for compost tea brewers. I have a really good home made brewer that Id like to share with you once we figure out the proper level of oxygen. The whole shebang cost me 300 dollars and should be able to produce up to 250 gallons at a time. Any help would help. Thanks in advance.

JesseHuffman

Do you guys know of any peer reviewed feild tests that have been conducted to show a result? I am more than excited about compost teas but have a very good freind who is concerned that NOONE has taken the time or $ to prove that this works.

TimberJack

There are very few studies involving compost tea and arboriculture. Harverd has been doing some reaserch, as well as Dr. Elaine Ingram of Soil Foodweb. But there is considerable reaserch dealing with agriculture, because thats were Compost Tea was first utilized. Just know that there are several studies in the works dealing with trees, shrubs and turf.

marlinspiker

Its important to keep in mind that compost tea is not a stand alone solution for tree fertilization. It is only a way to get beneficial microbial matter into the soil system. It is only a part of soil management. Without prior soil testing, and proper organic amendments the beneficial mico dudes will die and disappear. Unfortunately most compost tea is probably bunk due to improper brewing methods.

Jamin_Mayer

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys know of any peer reviewed feild tests that have been conducted to show a result? I am more than excited about compost teas but have a very good freind who is concerned that NOONE has taken the time or $ to prove that this works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Google the key words "Compost Tea Research." There is a boat load of info.

And the fact that Harvard has implemented this program to their grounds, says a lot. Their research should be thorough enough. --I think.

DrBrylock

We had issues with too much turbulation during some tests. It made a nice coffee like tea however as all of the compost particles were smashed into tiny bits. I think keeping things around 10 ppm is your money number with some nice and gentle mixing.