Company Insurance

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by MollyD, Aug 21, 2014.

1. MollyD

MollyD New Member

Hi gals,

I am looking into purchasing insurance for a tree care company. This company will consist of four to five individuals. Needing coverage will be a bucket truck, PHC side, general liabilty.

I have perused the TCIA websiteI am in over my head and do not know where to start looking. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Meg

Meg New Member

Contact a local independent insurance agency. They can "shop" the coverage for you to different carriers that will write tree service companies.

TimBr likes this.
  3. MollyD

MollyD New Member

Thanks Meg, that's a great idea.

I've contacted a CPA I know and hopefully she can direct me to a worthwhile company.

Take care!

TimBr likes this.
  4. Treegeekgirl

Treegeekgirl New Member

Meg, I had difficulties this last year used an employment agency for my workers, was expensive my insurance company (in California) did a audit on my policy which I passed, the employment agency I used paid workmen's comp, auto insurance, as well as general liability, I however was billed an additional $2400.00 as the carrier felt the coverage of the employment agency's insurance was not good enough mind you this was on work 2 years after the fact, RIP OFF be careful. TGG

TimBr likes this.
  5. NickfromWI

NickfromWI Well-Known Member

Call Stratum.

love
    nick

TimBr likes this.
  6. mariejc

mariejc New Member

We have had ours insured through a local Nationwide Insurance company for the last three years and never had any issues :) like Meg said they shop for coverage to find us the best rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimBr likes this.