Compact Bulldog Bone

surveyor

climbers Bone from Norway. I asked if I could share his pictures. This Bone has been in use for about 18 months. The last picture is the bottom of the spine. I groove the spine and the bottom arms on each and every Bone I make, and the rope smoothes it as seen. He has added the shackle on the spine as a tending aid.

Burrapeg

I bought my BDB a year or so ago and just rec climb so not a lot of use on it. The original spine was still in like-new condition. But I made a new spine (sorry, I own a machine shop - couldn't resist just making one up to try it) based on Surveyor's recent photo of the new design and it made a huge difference. Much smoother on descent, noticeably easier to control. I definitely recommend the new spine to anyone already owning a BDB.

surveyor

So, I met with Chris in Dec. and he has sent me the DMM rubber grommets which are used to minimize cross loading at the attach point. He thought they would fit in the Bone teardrops, and they do... perfectly. I highly recommend them to Bone (and BOLA) users, and the next 5 Bones sold will have them installed, thanks to his generosity. (He also sent 2 small DMM swivels to see if they fit, so I will be trying those out soon) such beautiful gear! Thanks Chris.

stheis004

So, I met with Chris in Dec. and he has sent me the DMM rubber grommets which are used to minimize cross loading at the attach point. He thought they would fit in the Bone teardrops, and they do... perfectly. I highly recommend them to Bone (and BOLA) users, and the next 5 Bones sold will have them installed, thanks to his generosity. (He also sent 2 small DMM swivels to see if they fit, so I will be trying those out soon) such beautiful gear! Thanks Chris.
Anyone know if the nano swivel would fit these too or if there’s anything else that would fit it?

surveyor

The Rock Exotica fits perfectly, with the small end at the pin. It is easily installed on the Bone, but is riveted on the BOLA with a heavy duty motorcycle chain rivet tool.

surveyor

The nano is the same thickness as the teardrop, but the grommet is made for an approx. 0.625 hole size, the large hole on the nano is sort of a truncated circle, approx 0.7 x 0.8. I think the grommet would fit inside, but might not stay put.

RBJtree

I've used it Ddrt off of an ANSI crane tie-in which works like a ring and ring friction saver. It did just fine with no adjustment from srt. I imagine it could be loosened up a bit if it was being used for a natural crotch Ddrt, but I haven't done that.

Burrapeg

Because I have no idea where in the 227 pages I would find it... Has anyone used the bone for DDRT if switching from SRT?
I have used mine both ways, with no adjustment. Works great (my rope is Poison Ivy and Tachyon Ash).

Last edited:

TimBr

@Seattle High Rise; Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you are going to like it here! Congratulations on making your first post!

how do I contact you to purchase a BDB?
To contact Gordon, AKA @surveyor, on a desktop or laptop computer, just hover your mouse cursor over his name, and click on the icon that says "Start conversation". Surveyor is the inventor of the Compact Adjustable Bulldog Bone, and the only person able to sell you a new one, to the best of my knowledge. I hope this helps, and was not all too obvious.

Welcome, again.

Tim