Compact Bulldog Bone

surveyor

The mini Bone pictured is actually a bit wider between the arms than the compact Bone, but this mini Bone has size 60 links (3/4" pitch), and as a result it has no bollard at all. The arms shown are 1/8" thick stainless steel. The bottom pivot length is the same as the compact Bone, and the top pivot length is shorter . The spine is aluminum but only 2" long on center (pivot to pivot). The teardrop is the exact same as the compact Bone. This is so that a RE nano swivel can be mounted there as an option.

John_KAYS

Also is that a quarter on the top arm? I just realized that wasn’t necessarily part of the mini bone!

I was thinking it had wide cheek plates on it or something...

surveyor

So far I am impressed with it. The challenge with the rope size is the space between the bottom friction link and the spine. this one pictured has a 0.42 gap there (spine groove to friction pin), with a slightly beefier spine at the pivot, I think a 7/16 " groove there would be possible. Another challenge is getting the rope around the friction pin, it needs a scallop there like the compact Bone arms. It might could have an adjustable bollard, but this would limit the rope size I believe.
John, that is indeed a quarter you see at the top pivot, for size comparison.

Burrapeg

Just noticed Wesspur is right up in Bellingham just a half hour from me. You guys have any experience dealing with them? That 1/2 inch Yale rope I have works OK in the adjustable Bone as far as not slipping and all, but it is so fat that easily advancing the Bone is rather tricky. And the rope is a bit grabby and jerky when descending. Almost grips too well even with the bollard backed out all the way. So I thought I would head up there in person with the thing and just try some of their ropes. I have been looking online at that Tachyon Ash 11.7mm. Nice looking stuff. Any of you using it with Gordon's invention? I see Wesspur carries it and it is splicable.

- Stew

evo

Just noticed Wesspur is right up in Bellingham just a half hour from me. You guys have any experience dealing with them? That 1/2 inch Yale rope I have works OK in the adjustable Bone as far as not slipping and all, but it is so fat that easily advancing the Bone is rather tricky. And the rope is a bit grabby and jerky when descending. Almost grips too well even with the bollard backed out all the way. So I thought I would head up there in person with the thing and just try some of their ropes. I have been looking online at that Tachyon Ash 11.7mm. Nice looking stuff. Any of you using it with Gordon's invention? I see Wesspur carries it and it is splicable.

- Stew
Wesspur rocks. It’s also very close to me (1:30). So this must put you in the Skagit valley area? It’s so helpful to be able to try saddles on before you buy, touch things many shiny things..

Burrapeg

Wesspur rocks. It’s also very close to me (1:30). So this must put you in the Skagit valley area? It’s so helpful to be able to try saddles on before you buy, touch things many shiny things..
Cool, where are you? I am indeed close to the Skagit Valley. Lopez Island, in the San Juan Islands, about half an hours ferry ride from the mainland and Skagit. I am over there pretty often (Cosco, Home Depot, Skagit Co-op, etc. the usual shopping list).

- Stew

evo

Cool, where are you? I am indeed close to the Skagit Valley. Lopez Island, in the San Juan Islands, about half an hours ferry ride from the mainland and Skagit. I am over there pretty often (Cosco, Home Depot, Skagit Co-op, etc. the usual shopping list).

- Stew
South Whidbey, we also hit up the Mt V coop every chance we get. Next time your up in Bellingham hit up Western University’s earth science building. The stuff on the main floor and second floor will blow your mind if your into trees and natural history. We did it on a whim suggestion based on the book ‘geology underfoot: western Washington’.

Burrapeg

South Whidbey, we also hit up the Mt V coop every chance we get. Next time your up in Bellingham hit up Western University’s earth science building. The stuff on the main floor and second floor will blow your mind if your into trees and natural history. We did it on a whim suggestion based on the book ‘geology underfoot: western Washington’.
Neat. I like Whitbey. Some awesome trees there at Deception Pass and I heard last week that the rangers there at the park might be friendly to climbers. Do you know anything about that? I am kinda new to rec tree climbing but not new to arborist gear. Have used the gear plenty of times, just not in trees! I did a lot of rigging work, big sailboats, sailing ships (brig Lady Washington, Star of India, etc.). But I love trees and rec climbing is something that I have always wanted to do more of now that I am semi-retired. BTW, sorry to get off-topic, guys! - Stew.

TimBr

Neat. I like Whitbey. Some awesome trees there at Deception Pass and I heard last week that the rangers there at the park might be friendly to climbers. Do you know anything about that? I am kinda new to rec tree climbing but not new to arborist gear. Have used the gear plenty of times, just not in trees! I did a lot of rigging work, big sailboats, sailing ships (brig Lady Washington, Star of India, etc.). But I love trees and rec climbing is something that I have always wanted to do more of now that I am semi-retired. BTW, sorry to get off-topic, guys! - Stew.
Hey, Stew! Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! Cool background you have! You might be able to add a lot to the splicing section of this forum, if that stuff was ever a part of your job description on the sailboats.

I look forward to reading more from you.

Tim