Close Quarters

Daniel

That was awesome........ Real nice job of editing and music.... brings the work alive..

and GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Love those monster limbs coming out in one ....
A great example of how to do it right...

It's easy for those desk jockey's to say smaller is safer, because they don;t have to stand in the hooks for 6 hours.... Definitely a good example of how bigger is actually safer, when you know what you're doing .. Fatigue is a huge safety issue and you saved a lot of climb time and energy by taking those big pieces...

Stihlmadd

Great stuff Stihlmadd! How you enjoying the MB saddle?
as the first purchaser of the MB Belt Im reasonably happy Rico,
there is some early development issues that had to be resolved but overall its comfortable with the storage capability I wanted in a harness and with the addition of the shoulder harness
is great for big saw work.
my only regret was getting a medium instead of a small due to my non existent hips.
:D

Stihlmadd

That was awesome........ Real nice job of editing and music.... brings the work alive..

and GO BIG OR GO HOME!
Love those monster limbs coming out in one ....
A great example of how to do it right...

It's easy for those desk jockey's to say smaller is safer, because they don;t have to stand in the hooks for 6 hours.... Definitely a good example of how bigger is actually safer, when you know what you're doing .. Fatigue is a huge safety issue and you saved a lot of climb time and energy by taking those big pieces...
thank you Daniel - I am personally rather happy with the end result of this video- the music track def set the tone and pace for my edit.
yah - in order to get the pieces in the direction and distance I required given the LZ etc , Bigger was def Better.
smaller stuff wouldn't have had the same travel - I had 6 ground staff on hand to quickly process the pieces as they filled the area so that wasn't an issue.
8.5 hours all up in the tree - def was saving both in time and energy by rigging it out the way I did.

southsoundtree

Great work, Ben.

That balancer looks interesting. Looks like it going to squeeze the nose of the biner...and I expect you know what you're up to. Could you comment, please?

Always looking to add to the bag of tricks.

I rarely need to balance stuff in my market.
I've used a bowline on a bight, giving two loops with adjustable sizes to attach to two-point rock climbing bolt-anchors, and though a Bowline-0n-a-bight would be a way to make spiderleg loops, simply using the rope at hand.
You seem to have a way that looks to be likely easy, and uses less rope.

Stihlmadd

Great work, Ben.

That balancer looks interesting. Looks like it going to squeeze the nose of the biner...and I expect you know what you're up to. Could you comment, please?

Always looking to add to the bag of tricks.

I rarely need to balance stuff in my market.
I've used a bowline on a bight, giving two loops with adjustable sizes to attach to two-point rock climbing bolt-anchors, and though a Bowline-0n-a-bight would be a way to make spiderleg loops, simply using the rope at hand.
You seem to have a way that looks to be likely easy, and uses less rope.
yah I looked at it and you are correct the knot had slipped down to the start of the gate opening on that piece - def my bad on that occasion.
I just wrote up an explanation for Chiselbit in the work photos thread.
prob still going to be easier to viddy the process for youse and I will do that at the next possible opportunity.

Stihlmadd

8.5 hours in the hooks at your age... You are definitely doing something right...
thank you Daniel ,
I would say it is a combination of being willing to use hand /spur ascenders where ever possible
having self tending hitch system
Pfanner Zermat boots which are super comfy
and as my physiotherapist says good genetics in regards to metabolism and joint mobility,
which is paying off in spades at this point in the game .
I'm currently 45.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Ben also a very lovely vid....keeps one interested....you edit well....you are pro from top to bottom for sure....love the big pieces floating nicely in the small hole....

ARLO

45?
Your still wet behind the ears. In your prime. A spring chicken.
At your age you should be able to handle 10 hours in spurs. Pussy!
Gotta second that Rico. I have this dim recollection of 45 being a pretty good year. At 70 I am only up there for a couple of hours and it takes me 3 days to recover. But it is so much fun I can't imagine a day when I can no longer be up there.
Cheers, ARLO.