Climbing groups/meet-ups in New Jersey?

Boomstick300

I am new to recreational climbing. I decided to give it a go after utilizing RADS to get up the tree to my hunting height in my Aerohunter Kestrel. After realizing how much I enjoyed that part and process of the hunt I have slowly been assembling my kit that’s dedicated for just climbing. I guess my question is-are there any websites or subgroups for climbers in specific states for meet ups? Or climbing associations? I live near Sparta, NJ and would very much like to find a group to climb with and to learn from.

Thanks
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome To The Buzz Mike

I started climbing in 2013 and still love the sport.

I would suggest searching with local tree climbing clubs on the web. You may even wanna check with clubs in near by states. Who knows, now that your here on the Buzz you may find others that are in your neck of the woods that want to rec. climb.

Let me just say first of all, as you progress with your climbing skill set, you will appreciate these forums more and more and you will value the years of experience the members have and are willing to share.

The web has many video bloggers that will also allow you to grow your knowledge base and give you lots of great ideas that will challenge you along your way.

Climb Safe

Bob Bob

I am new to recreational climbing. I decided to give it a go after utilizing RADS to get up the tree to my hunting height in my Aerohunter Kestrel. After realizing how much I enjoyed that part and process of the hunt I have slowly been assembling my kit that’s dedicated for just climbing. I guess my question is-are there any websites or subgroups for climbers in specific states for meet ups? Or climbing associations? I live near Sparta, NJ and would very much like to find a group to climb with and to learn from.

Thanks
Mike

Welcome to Treebuzz @Boomstick300! Climbing with others is a great way to advance your climbing knowledge. Maybe this link will help you find another climber close by.

Boomstick300

Thanks so much folks! I appreciate it and look forward to scouring this forum and all the knowledge in it! Thanks for the open invites!

Mowerr-I’m originally from upstate NY. Malone, NY in fact. I also have a hunting camp in the Catskills!

Mowerr

Thanks so much folks! I appreciate it and look forward to scouring this forum and all the knowledge in it! Thanks for the open invites!

Mowerr-I’m originally from upstate NY. Malone, NY in fact. I also have a hunting camp in the Catskills!

Awesome, I'm next to Saratoga springs. I done lots of work in the Catskills and I been up to Malone that's up by the border!... really nice place though. Love the adk's ....done some hiking down the Catskills too

Mowerr

Awesome, I'm next to Saratoga springs. I done lots of work in the Catskills and I been up to Malone that's up by the border!... really nice place though. Love the adk's ....done some hiking down the Catskills too