climb scared

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Never liked quickies. As for using one on the runner so not necessary. The original tending spot is just lovely. But whatever floats one's boat. I still buy from Treestuff and Sherrill. I have no one arb supplier that meets all my needs. None.

Steve Connally

Never liked quickies. As for using one on the runner so not necessary. The original tending spot is just lovely. But whatever floats one's boat. I still buy from Treestuff and Sherrill. I have no one arb supplier that meets all my needs. None.
I have better tending on the quickie than anything else i've used stock or manufactured on the runner.. The stock tending point seems to pull on one side and throws a tilt on the device. I can feel the grab compared to the quickie. I buy from WesSpur. If they don't have it I don't need it. I would consider shelter but last time I checked they didn't have what I was looking for.

treehumper

To the OP, my high school electricity teacher taught me never to fear, it leads to rash responses. Respect the dangers and you’ll anticipate hazards and respond better. I keep a constant inner dialogue going walking thru each step citing potential hazards and steps taken to mitigate. When that becomes a burden I know I’m not mentally able to continue. Time to end the job and pick it up the next day.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
To the OP, my high school electricity teacher taught me never to fear, it leads to rash responses. Respect the dangers and you’ll anticipate hazards and respond better. I keep a constant inner dialogue going walking thru each step citing potential hazards and steps taken to mitigate. When that becomes a burden I know I’m not mentally able to continue. Time to end the job and pick it up the next day.
Great stuff Rob....

TimBr

I tried this yesterday; my quickie slic pin would not fit in the Roperunner body. I would have to widen the Roperunner holes a smidge and I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing that.

What Slic pin are people using to combine their Quickies and Roperunners?
Thanks for trying that out for us, Stan. That is a bit of a bummer.

Hey, Bango! Thanks for posting this link. Are you saying that you have actually tried to use that specific SLIC pin as a replacement for the SLIC pin that comes with the milled Quickie, and that it will work with the Rope Runner? Thanks in advance for any answer you can give.

Worst case scenario, I just bought a Quickie that will get used as an SRT choke. Thanks, everyone, for putting up with the derail. This has been very helpful.

Tim