Chippers.. they're so cool!

Levi.CO

Don't you just love greasin em, switchin the blades, fixing the lights and towin em around? It's great. With so much weight on their little tires, they really help to smooth out the roads. All the neighbors love it when we fire em up at 7am and continue to hog wood all day, just ask em! Especially if their garden is nearby, receiving a complimentary coating of dust from dead wood. They make it so easy to destroy trees that were just minding their own business, we just chip em up! Then there's the bad trees, whose wood could be milled or cut for fire wood, it's just so much easier with the chippa. They weed out the weak workers who get injured from haywire branches or shoddy feeding and lifting practices and occasionally they even gobble em whole, wow! That smell of fresh diesel exhaust in the morning makes me feel like a real workin man, plus it just makes you tough, gotta love it.

"The studies showed these workers were more likely to develop lung cancer than workers who were not exposed to diesel emissions. These studies provide strong evidence that long-term occupational exposure to diesel exhaust increases the risk of lung cancer."
https://oehha.ca.gov/air/health-effects-diesel-exhaust

This is the time of year to get chipped, watch out!
"Approximately one third of the events occurred in July or August."
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5348a2.htm

JD3000

Yes, give me the end all be all super green and harmless solution. Yes, I can compost entire logs, how much time ya got? But composting also produces CO2. Better not ever prune or remove woody plants ever again.

KevinS

Fools obviously 6 1/2 is the right answer. Also not beavers number one cause of death in beavers is killed by falling trees so I think our safety numbers would tank, insurance would flip out at death tolls. As well they’d lose it at property damage claims as beavers gnaw the bottoms.

Therefore beavers in no way meet my above mentioned criteria. Honestly people get serious this is a professional topic. Obviously dynamite is a far better solution than beavers, amateurs.

Levi.CO

So, what’s a practical, efficient, cost effective solution to keep businesses running and not use a chipper
Well, no one ever accused Canadians or Buckeyes of being the most creative lot, but if you were to combine your powers... you may be able to come up with something....

How do you dispose of your work without a chipper? The bulk stuff can be made into firewood or boards, but what about the branches? There is zero market here for leaving debris behind unless you work for pennies and don't mind getting calls from homeowners about when the debris will be removed.

Levi.CO

I have cartridge filter respirators on the truck, and buffs.

Diesel exhaust is bad, 10 trips to the greenwaste recycler is bad, too.
So, you wear a respirator every time you get to chipping? Sounds fun. Who said anything about 10 trips to the recycle? I agree, that sounds bad...

Levi.CO

Somehow, someway I have managed to be part of a firm that wins competitive bids against chipper crews constantly for 4 years. Never had even close to a loss on bids from big removals to small pruning... must be a fluke!

Levi.CO

Any wood that could be milled or turned to firewood is typically picked up onsite by the wood man. All the brush gets hand loaded into our brush truck, it doesn't even dump! A roll of dumpster is super handy for bigger jobs, though we don't do big ones like that anymore.