Chipper loses prime after shut down

Keenanlog

I have an 05 Bandit 254 with a Cat/Perkins 1104C motor As of recently when the chipper is shut down, especially at the end of the day, it will not start back up after it sits. It has got progressively worse. It started after sitting for a period of time (over night) not its everytime its shut down for even the shortest period of time. We have to prime whole system then it will fire up. Once it's running, it runs fine. Injection pump was just done, Hood safety switch was just replaced, new filters. Also, the return line to the tank seems like its spitting fuel back into the tank much weaker, I am thinking pump that the filter screws into? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you!

pctree

Check the fuel pressure coming into the injector pump. Could be a weak transfer pump or a loose fitting that is letting air into system

craneguy1

Having just had all that work done; likely something got tweeked. Have you checked all the other connections? I dont exactly know that motor, but on a 3054e from 07, the primary fuel pump is in the housing that the filter plugs into and it is electric. Sound similiar?

Keenanlog

Having just had all that work done; likely something got tweeked. Have you checked all the other connections? I dont exactly know that motor, but on a 3054e from 07, the primary fuel pump is in the housing that the filter plugs into and it is electric. Sound similiar?
It ended up being a bad lift pump. New one is in and she's running.