Chest attachment

KevinS

How do you guys attach your chest to your srt system?

So far I use an old sling around my shoulders and a biner. It’s simple but I’m not sure it’s the best it can be.

I’m thinking about a light 1/4” loopie sling but I’d like to hear ideas that you guys use as favourites

joezilla11

I use a loop runner tied with an arborwear belt. Crosses behind my back and clipped together in the front. Keeps it adjustable

Bob Bob

I've been using a dyneema loop runner and a brass swivel dog snap for the chest attachment / tending point for several years. Works good enough, mainly using it since I had the parts already and I'm too cheap to by a nice chest harness. You can fine tune the fit by adjusting the number of twists in the loop runner. The videos below show the basic set-up and my specific set-up.

Burrapeg

I bought a PMI double chest roller and its harness, and it works great. Keeps me upright and I can climb with a SAKA and foot ascender more or less hands-free. I run the climbing line through one side of the roller with my ZZ or BDB riding on top of the roller and thus self advancing.

TimBr

@Burrapeg; Do you have an adjustable bridge? Moss started a thread on this issue, plus the idea for the thread he started began in another thread. I told him I wanted an adjustable bridge precisely because of the use of a chest roller, and the need to get the climbing system above the rollers.

Tim

Burrapeg

@Burrapeg; Do you have an adjustable bridge? Moss started a thread on this issue, plus the idea for the thread he started began in another thread. I told him I wanted an adjustable bridge precisely because of the use of a chest roller, and the need to get the climbing system above the rollers. . .
No, I have a New Tribe Yellow Jacket and that saddle has a single attachment point. I have to get somewhat creative depending on which multiscender I am using, with an extra biner or a short, doubled strap between the saddle attachment loops and the device, to get the height correct for it to ride on top of the roller. An adjustable rope bridge would definitely be a step up. I have considered a number of possible mods to the Yellow Jacket to accomplish this but nothing has materialized as yet. Has anyone else modded this saddle? I love how light it is and it wads up quite small for backpacking. I don't really want to replace it.

KevinS

I bought a PMI double chest roller and its harness, and it works great. Keeps me upright and I can climb with a SAKA and foot ascender more or less hands-free. I run the climbing line through one side of the roller with my ZZ or BDB riding on top of the roller and thus self advancing.
Do you have a picture of this setup?