Can the search function be improved?

Bango Skank

Just wondering if it'd be much work to have the search function allow 3 letter words?

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common. "

I'm not going to try to list known abbreviations and acronyms but so much of what we do and so many threads already made with questions already answered include abbreviations.

I'm not trying to be a headache to our hosts, and I appreciate and enjoy the forum. I'm also not a computer guy and don't know anything about running a forum, but I feel like a search here should allow you to look up " SRT" , " SRS", " MRS" , etc.

Or am I totally missing a way to search for these?

Jimmycrackcorn

Just wondering if it'd be much work to have the search function allow 3 letter words?

"Oops! We ran into some problems.
The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common. "

I'm not going to try to list known abbreviations and acronyms but so much of what we do and so many threads already made with questions already answered include abbreviations.

I'm not trying to be a headache to our hosts, and I appreciate and enjoy the forum. I'm also not a computer guy and don't know anything about running a forum, but I feel like a search here should allow you to look up " SRT" , " SRS", " MRS" , etc.

Or am I totally missing a way to search for these?
You need to be smarter than the feature Mr Skankgonia..

Its ok.. i find that irritating too. I find taptalks search feature alot more fluid but only as long as your within the thread already. I also use chromes "find in page" alot.

But what i normally do when I'm searching threads here is use Google with treebuzz.com & whatever I'm searching for in parenthesis. Gives so so results..

Merle Nelson

I had seen this thread posted before and have just let it ride as I would like better search function too but know less than nothing about what is possible.

Then I got to thinking....I wonder if some others that happen on this thread know that if you happen to like what one particular person shares on a topic like SRT you can click on their name/avatar and search all their forum posts to see if they posted anymore info on a thread by a different name. Also when I first started reading here I would come back day after day searching more info on "throwline reels". Another way I seemed to come on more threads and info was to use different wording that I thought might lead to the same topic. And, sometimes searched here in TreeBuzz, sometimes started from google.

But, what do I know, I'm newish to computers and very simplistic at their use. As a matter of fact my searching here with throwline reels being my focus was my whole motivation for learning to use a computer.

craneguy1

Come on todo, we're gonna fix the search engine everybody's been complaining about for 10 years...meet you in kansas.