Bridge connector...which swivel...ABR...???

Discussion in 'Climber's Talk' started by Tom Dunlap, Nov 7, 2017.

1. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Well-Known Member

Looks like a poacher's knot to me.
    I was taught that it is a scaffold, but I recently discovered that the scaffold has an extra turn.

ALSO!!!!!
    I joined the "swivel on my bridge" club today. I'll be checking out how it feels tomorrow. I just never could justify the cost.
    I went for the larger DMM so that I can fit the gate of my rhino through it when it's all loaded with wrench stuff. I think it may be a bit heavy to have swinging around in that area.

treeman75 likes this.
  2. NE Tree

NE Tree Well-Known Member

I believe they are double fisherman's. I love having a swivel on my bridge. I went with the smaller DMM and it sucks with a wrench setup. I recently added a ring to my bridge also for the times when i use the wrench

treeman75 likes this.
  3. SomethingWitty

SomethingWitty Well-Known Member

This may be an unnecessary derail here, but I think it is a double fisherman's if it is tied straight and on another line, like in a prussic loop, rather than doubled up on itself around an anchor.
    Yes. It is the same knot tied the same way, but around a different thing. I also think the way that forces affect the knot are different in those scenarios. Maybe that is why there is a distinction.

NE Tree and treeman75 like this.
  4. moss

moss Well-Known Member

Double overhand (aka Double Fisherman's) noose knot for the second bridge, double overhand stopper for the original bridge location.

treeman75 and NE Tree like this.
  5. Worthaug

Worthaug Well-Known Member

Str8pimpin[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moss and NE Tree like this.
  6. moss

moss Well-Known Member

Yeah, I need to add a second swivel. Aha, I do the same, clip my ring or swivel back to the lower D, don't like them clanking together when I'm walking around.

Worthaug likes this.
  7. the hammer

the hammer New Member

Love my Notch Rook Swivel Pulley, you have three attachments points and buy the way Sherrill Tree have them on sale for $49.99