Bridge connector...which swivel...ABR...???

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
There are so many rope bridge attachments, I'd like some inpot

At first I was thinking about the ABR Rope Ring. I like the wide slider and big ring. Most of the time I only have my Unicender on but once in a while a second system and then using my lanyard as a choked system too.

There are many swivels too. In the past I've tired a swivel for SRT and didn't like it. Maybe there is something to consider

I'll be ordering by Weds. evenign so its short notice

As far as swivels go, I have used the rook, petzl open, and the rock exotica nano swivel. Rook is a bit clunky for me. I like the nano for its light compact design with the rubber grommet. Keeps from side loading and doesn’t extend my system off the bridge very much. I had also used the basic ring for a good while. Only complaint with that is the twist it tends to put on the bridge. For multiple attachments, the petzl open is ok as you can clip a few different systems in and you can still get the movement out of the swivel.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
With the bridge being a replaceable high wear component, it is hard to beat the strength and simplicity of a 34mm DMM ring.
My Uni is permanently attached via a DMM thimble and cord to the Uni. I have a ring on the left side+but, of course, 50% of the time I need it on my right. Maybe I'll go with another ring oon the right. this would be the cheapest and least complicated solution.

I do like the 'jewelry' affect of the swivels :ROFLMAO:

JontreeHI

I’ve found that both Dmm swivel and rock exotica swivels wear the bridge on my Cornell saddle much more rapidly than rings. I’ve got three rings on my bridge, center one for primary and then one on either side for tidy configurations.

Jehinten

I have nothing to compare it to, besides just a rope bridge with no attachment point, but I've been using the rock exotica rook for a couple of years. I've got no complaints with it, multiple attachment points for your lanyard or another climbing system and you can spin your orientation if your hanging from it, even with multiple tie-ins. That has come in handy a few times...

However there has been a recent post regarding the notch rook, if thats the only source for it now, you may want to read through it first.

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
I have a Rook and used it for a while. It's a nice solution but a short coming for me

The added length put my Uni up too far which lead to gear clutter in some situations. Also, the Uni rode higher than I like for a bottom ascender in my rope walked ascent setup

I'd sell my Rook if anyone is interested

moss

I've been running the DMM Axis size small on my TM bridge for a couple of years, it's excellent, you can attach two carabiners to the top blue ring and one one to the lower gray ring, the configuration in the photo is what I use the most often. Best thing about a swivel on your bridge is the ability to flip the tail of the rope over your head/back when things are getting twisted/oriented the wrong way. I run two bridges on my TM, the other has a ring, best of both worlds. If one bridge gets in the way (rarely) just clip the ring or swivel to the TM side D with an accessory biner.

-AJ

Hey Moss, That looks good. Swivel looks roomier then I imagined. Good to know you can get 2 biners in the blue part of the swivel. Any chance of a pic with the two bridges and how they attach to your TM? Two bridges is another option I have been contemplating.

MikePowers321

Like Moss, I use the smaller DMM swivel as well. I like it.

It does not allow most carabiner gates to pass through which eliminates potential side-loading. This can be advantageous or disadvantageous based on your set-ups.

For instance, I wouldn't like using it with the DMM rhino biner with a rope wrench or something like that.

moss

Like Moss, I use the smaller DMM swivel as well. I like it.

It does not allow most carabiner gates to pass through which eliminates potential side-loading. This can be advantageous or disadvantageous based on your set-ups.

For instance, I wouldn't like using it with the DMM rhino biner with a rope wrench or something like that.
Yes, I always have my carabiner gates facing down and in. My wrench tether is attached to the top hole of my Hitchhiker pulley separate from the hitch and carabiner so I can use an oval carabiner with the gate opening down and in, even with a split tail terminated with double overhand noose knots.

Good point though, most folks are jamming everything on to a flipped HMS or Rhino shape carabiner when they use a wrench.
-AJ

I've been using just the Bat Plate shown in Jake Ws pic. I believe it's 36 Kn. The big hole for the bridge isn't as rounded as a ring but I replace my bridges long before I notice any wear due to the plate.

moss

Hey Moss, That looks good. Swivel looks roomier then I imagined. Good to know you can get 2 biners in the blue part of the swivel. Any chance of a pic with the two bridges and how they attach to your TM? Two bridges is another option I have been contemplating.
Finally got some photos for you...

The only caveat for the upper blue ring on the swivel is when it's loaded it's tough to add another biner in, if you slack the system, no problem. Once two are in there they play together fine, no binding. As mentioned earlier I'm more likely to clip into the gray lower swivel ring if I'm choking a lanyard etc. for work positioning.
-AJ

Finally got some photos for you...

The only caveat for the upper blue ring on the swivel is when it's loaded it's tough to add another biner in, if you slack the system, no problem. Once two are in there they play together fine, no binding. As mentioned earlier I'm more likely to clip into the gray lower swivel ring if I'm choking a lanyard etc. for work positioning.
-AJ
What attachment knot are you using for your rope bridge?