Bobcat T320 or S330

Dmartino09

Looking to buy a skidsteer T320 or s330 , currently have a s300 but looking to make the jump to a track machine to be more efficient on the jobsite. Currently use the s300 only for the tree stems or tree trunk to load the dump truck for removals would like to use the skidsteer to haul away branches and feed it to the chipper and not have excessive damage on the lawn and pick up big logs to load to the dump truck . Opinions on track skidsteer , recommendations , are tracks more lawn friendly vs tires , any issues on the t320 or s330 ? Thanks !

Gareth's Tree

Looking to buy a skidsteer T320 or s330 , currently have a s300 but looking to make the jump to a track machine to be more efficient on the jobsite. Currently use the s300 only for the tree stems or tree trunk to load the dump truck for removals would like to use the skidsteer to haul away branches and feed it to the chipper and not have excessive damage on the lawn and pick up big logs to load to the dump truck . Opinions on track skidsteer , recommendations , are tracks more lawn friendly vs tires , any issues on the t320 or s330 ? Thanks !
I don't have a lot of personal experience with track skid steers on lawns. I do know that McLaren makes some turf friendly tracks. However, I guess it would depend how much lawn work you were doing. If you do mostly residential tree work I do not think a skid steer is going to be the best machine for you... With the possible exception of an all-wheel skid steer skid steer.

If you are indeed doing mostly residential tree work I would seriously look at an articulated loader. They do virtually no turf damage no matter how you drive them as opposed to a skid steer that you have to drive very carefully in order to minimize turf damage. You also need to ask yourself how often you have to carry large logs out of a yard compared to how often a smaller machine would be useful for feeding the chipper and getting in and out of places with virtually no ground damage.

I went from using a 75 horsepower tractor with turf tires that could lift around 3,000 lb to using a articulated loader that weighs 2000 pounds and can lift a 1000 pound log. We do 90% of our work with the small loader and almost never bring the tractor to jobs anymore. if I got a slightly larger loader that could lift 500 or so more pounds I would almost never need the tractor at all. Sure, sometimes you have to cut a tree a little bit smaller but, the advantages of the small machine far outweigh the downsides!

Dmartino09

Thanks for the input ! I'm looking into the articulated loader, demo them in jobsite last year was surprised that didn't do any damage. Also fit through the fence gate big plus for tight places.