bio-diesel

Treebeard

just curious to see if anyone here is using bio-diesel in any eqipment, if so how long? I have been making bio-diesel for apprx. 1 month and been using it in chipper, log truck and chip truck. besides the fact that the exhaust smells like the fryer from a restaraunt there are no differences if performance. has anyone had any problems with using bio-diesel?

I've been using bio-diesel for a year now, the only issues I ran into was I needed to change my fuel filters pretty regular when I changed. I use it in all my trucks, chippers and stump grinders.

Treebeard

has it been cost effective to buy it? i have seen some outrageous prices on bio-diesel. i do not have a supplier here locally, so i make it. it costs about $.60 per gallon in raw material. it also seems like the marketing of using bio-diesel will be well worth it as well.

It cost $0.35 more a gallon. I weighed the marketing and benefit to the enviroment to offset the cost. I had letter added to trucks and equipment advertising that were using bio-diesel. A lot of customer make positive comments to me and crew when they see the letter.