Big Saw - HUSKY OR STIHL

123IMIN

It's not too likely you will run over a Husky with a skidder if you don't own a skidder or a Husky, and even less likely if you have never worked in the bush.
Also, does anyone hear the sound of a Husky breaking under the pressure of a skidder? Not likely unless you told someone. Hahaha.
The truth be known, I have driven over more saws than all the treehosers have jointly owned. I bet I could cut more wood in one day than 10 treehosers could in one year with a crushed Husky too! LOL
John

123IMIN

I almost forgot. LOL
Al you just have to stop living vicariously thru my basket case chainsaws. I know it rots your socks to know I have spent more on saws in one year then you have on vehicles in your whole life.
Oh and by the way, I had a 346 and a 372 fly off my truck at Mile 1127 on the Alaska hwy. last Aug. I bet those two saws are worth more than that Cadillac you bought your wife.
See you at the GTG.
Hahaha
John

Al57

Well you got me on that one. /forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gifOh but alas,if I'd have only taken your old pal's advice and went into the contracting buis.,I wouldn't be a poverty strickened trailor dweller,sigh.I don't know what you did to that guy but lately he's starting to sound just like you.It's uncanny,I tell you. /forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Axman

[ QUOTE ]

I like Husky because it feels good in my hands and I like the way they look and sound.

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Do Huskies feel good in your hands because you have to pull start them a dozen times to get them to cough and sound good after they stumble, bumble on acceleration till they actually get warmed up and you don't dare shut them down. Yah, they look good on the repair bench too.

Sorry John couldn't resist that one /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Huskies are good saws,lotta chain speed when they finally get going . I myself haven't had all that great of luck with them, but I haven't tried the real popular ones yet, but I'm getting there.

Larry

123IMIN

Hi Larry, I used to feel the same way about Husky, but other than driving over them once in awhile, they are really high performing saws and I haven't had any technical problems at all. I think abuse and lack of use may be a saws worse enemy. It's all a personal thing. You give two people the same item whether a saw or a pair of boots. One guy will have them worn out in 3 mnths, while the other guy has things still going strong.
All I can say is that there is a level of experience and confidence that must be attained regardless of what we are talking about before we are truly professional at something,wich is sorta like me being a professional speller or something like that.
Anyway, I don't know about you guys, but I am feeling pretty fought out, especial since Butch decided to shun me.
I mean I don't know if I could tolerate being shunned by someone who already is in solitary confinement.
Go figure.
Regardless, here's a picture of where I have been working for the last year. I took about 500 trees out of the 125 acres in the background.
Oh well, on to new pastures.
I knew I should have been a forester!
John
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/sunlover3/Special%20pictures/DSC_0005.jpg

acushman

I PERSONALLY LIKE HUSKY. I HAVE THE 395XP, THAT SAW IS SWEAT. I WOULDN'T THINK ANYONE NEEDS ANYTHING LARGER. YOU WON'T BE SWINGING IT AROUND ALL DAY THOUGH. I FEEL THE BEST ALL AROUND SAW IS THW 372. HUSKY IS CHANGING ALL THERE EMMISSIONS. TRY AND STAY AWAY FROM ANY SAW STARTING WITH THE NUMBER 5. THAT NUMBER REFLECTS THE NEW MODELS WITH THE CHANGED EMMISSIONS.
IF YOU WANT TO SCARE YOURSELF, FIND A 3120. I PICKED ONE UP SECOND HAND. IT'S JUST NOT ANY FUN USING THAT BEAST.