Best SRT rope

I decided to get the Donaghys Cougar Orange rope, 150'.

Thanks for all your guys input. I hope to get some good SRT climbing in soon. Once i get started and the ball rolling, i'm looking forward to see what all i can do with this SRT stuff. haha.

Cheers,
Josh

Worthaug

Thanks for all your guys input. I hope to get some good SRT climbing in soon. Once i get started and the ball rolling, i'm looking forward to see what all i can do with this SRT stuff. haha.

Cheers,
Josh
Good stuff

Reed Wortley
ISA CA# SO-6953A
CTSP # 01739

JustinK

Cheers,
Josh
Yes sir. You won't be sorry. I'm surprised it isn't more widely used. I've only climbed on vortex, tachyon/lava, fly, PI and cougar and it's by far my favorite...even if Reed says it's the same as the Yale 11.7s lol

I have never climbed on Velocity, is it pretty stretchy?

Sorry, I'm going through a crisis. I hated Imori primarily because I thought it was too bouncy. It's supposed to be 2.2% elongation at 10% ABS. I very much like Vortex because it feels stiffer, but online that's stated at 3%. Velocity is also supposed to be 3%.

Any insight is welcomed.

SomethingWitty

I have never climbed on Velocity, is it pretty stretchy?

Sorry, I'm going through a crisis. I hated Imori primarily because I thought it was too bouncy. It's supposed to be 2.2% elongation at 10% ABS. I very much like Vortex because it feels stiffer, but online that's stated at 3%. Velocity is also supposed to be 3%.

Any insight is welcomed.
That's another of those inconsistent rating methods, isn't it? Percentage stretch at a percentage based working load vs stretch at a fixed weight? Maybe it has been straightened out in the past few years, but my gut says it probably hasn't. TS advertised the ABS of voyager when it came out, and that wasn't too long ago.

That's another of those inconsistent rating methods, isn't it? Percentage stretch at a percentage based working load vs stretch at a fixed weight? Maybe it has been straightened out in the past few years, but my gut says it probably hasn't. TS advertised the ABS of voyager when it came out, and that wasn't too long ago.
Yeah, I guess i didn't consider the fact that ABS is different for every rope. Imori has an ABS that's about 2,000 lbs higher than velocity.

Yale 11.7 mm double braids for the win... unless you mainly just RW, then I have been in love with exstatic. Though I do love my htp for certain access, such as setting up multiple trees to suspend over a hazard... or running two or three ropes off of one basal anchor