Best saddle for Women

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by rfwoodvt, Mar 22, 2016.

1. ladybird

ladybird Member

@roxy Melissa called me and let me know that @Frax coming is a GO! Pretty psyched to see all y'all in a few weeks. Counting down the days!

roxy likes this.
  2. monkeylove

monkeylove Well-Known Member

Whenever your ready Roxy just pm over an address.

3. monkeylove

It's on its way to WTCW c/o Melissa. Enjoy ladies.

ladybird likes this.
  4. Frax

Frax Well-Known Member

Expat now in Chapel Hill, NC by way of Calgary, Al
    I'd like to see more harnesses with lower D's. I think that'll make me feel better on skinny ass little spars on hooks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1saddleguy and roxy like this.
  5. ladybird

ladybird Member

I love my lower Ds on spars. Not sure how it works for guys, but having lower centers of gravity seems to really jive well with getting comfy, even on skinny shit!

roxy likes this.
  6. 1saddleguy

1saddleguy Member

Ok ladies. I am looking for some feedback on the two harnesses that we donated to the WTCW event. We sent a size 1 Onyx in a leaf pattern and a brand new model called the Monkey Beaver in a size medium. If you were at this event and tried either or both of them, I would like to know how your experience was. We will be at the arborist show in Sacramento this weekend. We will be debuting the Monkey Beaver with August Hunicke. If you plan to be there just find the New Tribe booth to try one out.

roxy likes this.
  7. Frax

Frax Well-Known Member

Expat now in Chapel Hill, NC by way of Calgary, Al
    I did last evening. Look in the climbers forum. Maybe you can answer some of the questions. I wish I'd taken a few more pictures, but it was a busy weekend and I was easily distracted.
    Maybe you can show a picture of the front side. I showed the back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

roxy likes this.
  8. roxy

roxy Active Member

The WCTW weekend was simply fabulous; big thanks to all who contributed to the many successes.
    The NT harnesses made the rounds, so I know several people got to try each one. I did not have a chance for either, but I can put those in touch with you. Ive been climbing in the ONYX this week a little. I'll have more feedback as I get to know it better, but here's some... I shortened up the bridge quite a bit which is how I prefer it and it's a lot more comfy. Still figuring out the legs straps for my optimal. Hanging with the leg straps right under the hamstrings is incredibly comfortable. There's a wide range of motion side to side, more than the TM but without the jarring stop that harnesses like the butterfly or Edge or any rope bridge where the ring "jumps" to try to get over the shackle, ring end. The back is really nice, stiff enough for good support and then I forgot about it, which is a good sign. I've only hung my pruning 192 off it, no problems there. For gear there are ample loops and rings on either side and back for saws. Seems to be easily customizable. I'll keep doing that and climbing in it to give you more feedback in different situations as they come up. Thanks a ton! R

9. monkeylove

Roxy, you didn't end up with my Onyx did you? If so then that 3 foot bridge is not normal. I had a Roll-n-Lock on there right befor I sent it up to Melissa.

10. roxy

roxy Active Member

Nope. Your ONYX is now part of a WTCW gear kit for future climbers to rock. So awesome. Thank you!

11. Tilia

Tilia New Member

Thanks, New Tribe, for sending WTCW the Onyx and Monkey Beaver saddles, we had fun trying them out and comparing notes. Roxy and Frax did a great job modeling them for us the first night, too.

I spent some time in the Onyx. Great things about this saddle: padding and stiffness of the waist and leg straps, the rope bridge, and buckles on the outside of the thigh. A couple changes that would make me even happier: a way to keep the leg straps from rotating outward, so that the support remains under my hamstrings/glutes (I tried crossing the leg straps where they attach to the waist in the back, but it didn't make much difference). Second, a mechanism to prevent the waist from riding up to my ribcage when I weight the saddle; this is an issue that I've encountered with many saddles I've tried and I suspect it's because my hip:waist ratio is higher than your average (male) climber/fit model. Thanks for soliciting feedback, I'll send other WTCW participants your way!