Best fitting climbing pants for women

Discussion in 'WOTT- Women Of The Trees' started by rfwoodvt, Mar 22, 2016.

1. rfwoodvt

rfwoodvt Well-Known Member

Hi Again!

Similar to my question regarding saddles, our aspiring female climber will be needing some climbing pants.

What pants, in your experience, tend to fit the best?

Thanks!

2. oldoakman

oldoakman Well-Known Member

Not getting a lot of response there buddy. I thought I saw where arborwear has produced some pants cut for females but not sure which model. If you can get Bill to produce ascender pants for women, see if you can convince him to make a run of supersized ascenders for guys my size.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Boomslang

Boomslang Well-Known Member

4. ladybird

ladybird Member

Hey Rich,

I wear arborwear women's pants during the shoulder seasons. Carhartt and Red Ants pants make women's work pants as well. They are all regular weight and I would suggest going a size up so that she has plenty of room to move around when climbing. Unfortunately none of those companies make summer weight pants. I've written them all to try and convince them, but no luck thus far. I then just stick to men's carharrts and either try to keep my belt tight or hike up the pants when I get into the truck or put my saddle on. I wear men's carharrtt insulated coveralls for winter work, but you have to have some mad ninja skills to powder your nose, if ya know what I am saying. Hope that helps. Tell her to stick a bug in Arborwear's ear to make summer weight pants for women, cause those would sell like hot cakes!

5. roxy

roxy Active Member

I wear Arborwear's pants cut for men not a problem. Ascenders. I also have a pair of Mountain Hardware pants and a pair of Marmot stretchy type, gusset crotched "approach" pants for women, normal women's sizing, and those are good for climbing too.

JonS likes this.
  6. ladybird

ladybird Member

So I just picked up a pair of arborwear Ascenders(mens) and while they are pricey, they are the best work pants I have ever climbed in in my life. They are worth every penny and every bead of sweat. Incredible range of motion. Makes me wish I was flexible enough to really give them a run for their money. True to size to boot. They are actually on sale right now for a wicked good deal: https://www.arborwear.com/products/pants/ascender-pants-black-pdelreg-17995delp

TCtreeswinger likes this.
  7. JonS

JonS New Member

Yeah, my girlfriend is in training and she wears Arborwear's pants for men too - says she finds them comfortable.

8. jerseygirl

jerseygirl Active Member

I love the Arborwear Tech pants but they no longer product them. I am now wearing REI stretch yogas when I rec climb.