Best aftermarket LMI Or Load cell

custom8726

Recently Purchased a National Rear Mount 9103a (113'/103') WITHOUT A LMI.

I received one quote from Data weight for $12,500 For a calibrated system.
I am weighing out the pro's and Cons of just adding a load cell,, but What one is best for the tree Industry if I go that route?
Or Just bite the bullet and spend the 12+K on a complete system?
My current Smaller National 500 series Crane Does not have a LMI Nor did my Previous National crane so I am comfortable reading and comprehending the Load/Radius Charts,, I Just feel like a LMI or at a minimum a Load cell would provide some reassurance I am staying within my chart at all times.
Experienced thoughts or oppinions appreciated.

Fivepoints

I'm interested in this as well.

Steve,
Are you using the style that replaces a pin or the style that is a link? I'm thinking I'd like the pin style better as it wouldn't take anything away from our height. We frequently take down trees slightly taller than our tip height (104') so every bit helps. Do you just hand onto the remote or does it have ways to mount it?

custom8726

I use the straight point Radiolink plus with a handheld remote reader. They have a bunch of products.
I did look into there 25T unit, Think it was around $4,400 IIRC
Looked stout! I’m on the fence still, Full LMI or just Load cell.
How is the install? Is it quick enough to switch between Both my cranes quickly
(30min or less)
or a time consuming endeavor?
Thank you

Steve Connally

Yeah guys. It adds about 6" to the headspace but that's all. It's a block and the installation is, for me, just 2 shackles. Super easy. Swaps out in seconds. The handheld just sits in a convenient place or in my pocket. Comes in a James Bond protective case.

allmark

I did look into there 25T unit, Think it was around $4,400 IIRC
Looked stout! I’m on the fence still, Full LMI or just Load cell.
How is the install? Is it quick enough to switch between Both my cranes quickly
(30min or less)
or a time consuming endeavor?
Thank you
What is the max capacity of your crane. Is 25ton overkill. If you can’t pick 50k pounds I’d go with a smaller unit that is more appropriate.

custom8726

What is the max capacity of your crane. Is 25ton overkill. If you can’t pick 50k pounds I’d go with a smaller unit that is more appropriate.
I just got back on this site to post these exact thoughts believe it or not…

My thought is My single line block is only rated at 8,400lbs

The only time I would be picking anywhere near that is on the occasional butt log on the ground so any scale 5k or above would suffice for 90% of my picks…

That said the price difference between a 2.5T and a 25T Load cell is only $750 Dollars, So If I am going to buy it I may as well go bigger as that will make its resale appealing to a broader spectrum of buyers assuming the next crane has a full LMI and I no longer need it…

Thoughts?

Recently Purchased a National Rear Mount 9103a (113'/103') WITHOUT A LMI.

I received one quote from Data weight for $12,500 For a calibrated system.
I am weighing out the pro's and Cons of just adding a load cell,, but What one is best for the tree Industry if I go that route?
Or Just bite the bullet and spend the 12+K on a complete system?
My current Smaller National 500 series Crane Does not have a LMI Nor did my Previous National crane so I am comfortable reading and comprehending the Load/Radius Charts,, I Just feel like a LMI or at a minimum a Load cell would provide some reassurance I am staying within my chart at all times.
Experienced thoughts or oppinions appreciated.
Weite Technologies Co. Ltd(factory)-Top 3 brand in China. We help protect cranes and lifting equipment under safety working condition with customized WTAU Load Moment Indicator(LMI), Safe Monitoring System, overload limiter, length angle sensor, load cell, anemometers, A2B etc.
"The trusted Safety Partner for Global Top 100 Crane Owning Companies like Tat Hong(Top 9), Asiagroup(Top 45), Big Crane(Top 90) and Fortune 500 corps".www.weite.tech

I’m interested in this one
mobile lmi.jpg
Weite Technologies Co. Ltd(factory)-Top 3 brand in China. We help protect cranes and lifting equipment under safety working condition with customized WTAU Load Moment Indicator(LMI), Safe Monitoring System, overload limiter, length angle sensor, load cell, anemometers, A2B etc.
"The trusted Safety Partner for Global Top 100 Crane Owning Companies like Tat Hong(Top 9), Asiagroup(Top 45), Big Crane(Top 90) and Fortune 500 corps".www.weite.tech

Last edited: