Beeline Blue - Youtube splice video

Discussion in 'The Splice Rack' started by Freddie Fisher, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Freddie Fisher

Freddie Fisher New Member

I found this great video showing how to make a e2e using beeline 10mm (blue) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqzwNySzFg&t=71s

I cant find much information around about the specifics of the splice (i.e forums, Yale website). Just wondering if anyone can confirm this is the correct technique/measurements for this splice? Im planning to dip the eyes and end of the cover in 'Dip it whip it', as opposed to the heat shrink shown, followed by a lock stitch.

Also, is there any strength issues with this core only splice that would make it unsuitsable for use in a SRT situation, I.E. with a wrench? I'm assuming there is a chance of extra loading of the e2e before the wrench engages?

Thanks in advance.

2. oldoakman

oldoakman Well-Known Member

Eric is a member here. goes by ARLO. the procedure in the videos is solid.

TimBr likes this.
  3. TimBr

TimBr Well-Known Member

@Freddie Fisher; Hey, Freddie! Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you're going to like it here.

This might be the first post of yours I've stumbled across since you joined up here, so apologies for the late welcome. I was just going to mention the forum trick of using the "@" symbol before the name of a member that you refer to in a post. No spaces in between the "@" symbol and the members name, or the trick won't work. When done correctly, using the exact name of a member, it generates a notice to that member that he or she was "mentioned" in a post. It is a really slick way of trying to engage another member in your thread.

Also, I'd like to hear any further comments @ARLO has to make regarding your splicing questions, but you also have the option of sending him a private message and carrying the conversation on between just the two of you. Sometimes though, a thread should remain public, for the education of other members. Private messaging should probably be reserved for stuff that is truly no one else's business, stuff of a personal nature. In My Humble Opinion. (IMHO)

Tim

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  4. Freddie Fisher

That's great, I'd love to hear from Eric, the videos he has on his account are great. I was surprised there was not much in the comments section on the video. Usually I try to find a couple of sets of directions for a splice (I.e some diagrams and a video from different sources), usually there are some minor variations. I don't splice as regularly these days so a video like this is great, it was all I could find specific to this cord.

TimBr likes this.
  5. Freddie Fisher

I had a go, it was very easy thanks to
    a) the great video and
    b) brummels not being too challenging!

It's quite a bit stiffer than I anticipated, I'm not sure I'll be able to tie my preferred knut. I haven't climbed on spliced friction cord for a while and now I remember why.. Might work in a VT so I'll give it a go.

Am I correct in my calculations that when he says a 'full fid' he means just under 8 inches (for the first mark).

I rushed the dipping/whipping a little but turned out OK.

Thanks again.

20171110_220219.jpg

TimBr and Brocky like this.
  6. lacky

lacky Active Member

Wouldn't this be the same procedure for the 8mm beeline?

Chris

7. Freddie Fisher

Same but different measurements?

8. lacky

lacky Active Member

That is what i was thinking....

9. oldoakman

Careful, 8mm bee Line has a Vectran core. Different rules for splicing. Warthog is the guy to talk to about this. I swear he works for Yale cordage.

wyatt spruck likes this.
  10. chizmin

chizmin Member

The 8mm beeline and the 10mm blue beeline are the same construction. Vectran core and technora/polyester cover. They are spliced the same way.

10mm black and gold beeline has a polyester core and technora/polyester cover and would be spliced as a class 1 double braid; however it is not recommended to be spliced due to problems with herniation.

11. oldoakman

Thanks is chizmin. I stand corrected . I had it turned around. Didn't want anyone to mess up.

12. ARLO

ARLO Well-Known Member