Bandit 15XP Review (brand new)

Yes certainly check the wires on the switch. We had the screws fall out of the back of ours very early on. Yours may just be loose right now. It was a very small screw, that we could not find. Luckily we are resourceful when problems like this arise and took the trailer light plug apart and one of the unused screws was a match. It’s still in there!
It was an hour down time to figure it out, and get up and running again.

Yes certainly check the wires on the switch. We had the screws fall out of the back of ours very early on. Yours may just be loose right now. It was a very small screw, that we could not find. Luckily we are resourceful when problems like this arise and took the trailer light plug apart and one of the unused screws was a match. It’s still in there!
It was an hour down time to figure it out, and get up and running again.
Thanks.
Where is this “switch?” Behind the control panel?

I want to be prepared in case it gets worse
It wasn’t doing it yesterday but I’m sure it will happen again.

NOPE! It’s a “wear item”. They will update the distributor if you have the old version (which it sounds like you might). They wanted me to drag it two hours up, two hours back and pay them two hours labor and parts to change the cap and rotor! I had 265 hrs, WELL within my warranty. My bandit dealer SUCKS![/QUOTs

so the dealer updated the distributor (i had the old version) replaced the exhaust gasket, and reset the timing(that he said had to be done by computer) all under warranty
All correct and that’s where they stop for the warranty. So much for that hitch to tray warranty right. I just heard about the timing thing a moth or so ago when we thought our catalyst might be clogged. Psi said if the timing on the distributor is off the emissions will plug the exhaust in a couple hundred hours!

Update

31 hours and the control panel is failing

I hit the mode button and the machine cranked to full RPMs

Had to shut off key to reset

Then mode button wouldn’t work to disable auto feed

This sucks

Dealer isn’t returning calls

So has anyone else had problems with a control panel on a Bandit??

I’m up to 34 hours and the panel works half the time. The other half it doesn’t. For example, yesterday I had to disengage the clutch at full rpms so that I could shut off the engine. Most of us know that it isn’t good for the clutch to do this.

I may have to email Bandit directly.

chiselbit

Man,you guys are scaring me. I’ve had my 15xp for several months now and no problems. Now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. The only negative I’ve got so far is the chute clogs occasionally. My disc chippers never did that. Seems to be certain angles/directions, otherwise lovin’ it.

jed1124

The toggle switch that controls the engine rpm (idle to chipping speed) gets messed up from chip dust. I know another tree service that changed out 3 of them. The last one that he changed he put a bit of duct tape on the back side of the switch to keep the dust out of the switch. No problems since.
Our doesn’t like to throttle up sometimes. When we change out the switch I’m going to try the tape.

jed1124

Man,you guys are scaring me. I’ve had my 15xp for several months now and no problems. Now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. The only negative I’ve got so far is the chute clogs occasionally. My disc chippers never did that. Seems to be certain angles/directions, otherwise lovin’ it.
We’re making them sound worse than they are. I still would take a 15xp over any other 15” chipper.

We’re making them sound worse than they are. I still would take a 15xp over any other 15” chipper.
So has anyone else had problems with a control panel on a Bandit??

I’m up to 34 hours and the panel works half the time. The other half it doesn’t. For example, yesterday I had to disengage the clutch at full rpms so that I could shut off the engine. Most of us know that it isn’t good for the clutch to do this.

I may have to email Bandit directly.

I wouldn’t trade my Morbark for anything compare a bandit and Morbark and you will find a Morbark a lot heavier because of thicker steel where it counts. they are built 10 miles apart if you’re ever in the area stop bye but bandits customer service is a joke never called me back on 2 different machines I’m a Michigan resident so I deal factory direct not to mention Morbark’s service center is second to none in nine years never left my machine overnight fixed in 3 -4 hours max they open at 6:00a.m out of there yet 10:00 a.m unbelievable any parts needed hey they are the factory no ordering parts everything is in stock no high school students working on your equipment trained professionals and all they do all day is work on Morbark equipment it’s seems too good to be true but it is and to top it all off they will give you a factory tour while you’re waiting and you see them being built and all the new equipment and prototypes they are developing!!!

craneguy1

I wouldn’t trade my Morbark for anything compare a bandit and Morbark and you will find a Morbark a lot heavier because of thicker steel where it counts. they are built 10 miles apart if you’re ever in the area stop bye but bandits customer service is a joke never called me back on 2 different machines I’m a Michigan resident so I deal factory direct not to mention Morbark’s service center is second to none in nine years never left my machine overnight fixed in 3 -4 hours max they open at 6:00a.m out of there yet 10:00 a.m unbelievable any parts needed hey they are the factory no ordering parts everything is in stock no high school students working on your equipment trained professionals and all they do all day is work on Morbark equipment it’s seems too good to be true but it is and to top it all off they will give you a factory tour while you’re waiting and you see them being built and all the new equipment and prototypes they are developing!!!
And related through family...wierd huh?