badass cab-over mini transport build.

Sfoppema

I tried to demo one last year. Talked with Dave and he was a real nice guy, no doubt. The nearest one was five hours away in NJ, and they wanted me to come pick it up and drop it off as well as pay to demo it...... Avant dropped it off for free for two weeks. I'm too busy to drive to NJ. I'm sure if it had been closer I would have bought one and everything would have been fine, but I am too busy to drive to NJ to pick up and drop off a machine that I have to pay to demo! They said if I bought the machine they'd subtract the demo cost from purchase price....Got a bit turned off by it, honestly. Though, it would have been a loss for you guys if someone spent the cash to deliver it and I turned out to be a tire kicker. Everyone's busy, I get it. If you can get me a machine to demo I certainly would. I think it was just a location/timing issue honestly....

tnttree

Thats near Boston!
just so happens I am heading that way in 2 to 3 weeks
demo'in my 38 special to the Bartlett Boys

I have a 254T in Sudbury I could bring it by
if it works and you schedule a removal --
we can put it through its paces

tnttree

When I sold to Bartlett, I believe it was too far out of their Box and it immediately went to auction

Sfoppema

It's probably an hour from Sudbury, yes. We're working everyday just hit me with some potential dates and we'll go from there! That box is mint... I've got another truck I'm almost finished with that has something sort of like it. I'll post when it's ready.

Sfoppema

Naturally, when they sandblasted, they discovered a leak coming from a plate on the side of the transmission. Not only is the plate rusted completely through, but the cast area it attaches to is rotten. Most likely it'll be easier to just replace it than fill it in with weld, but I'm going to look into it. Out of the frying pan, into the fire! too late to turn back now....

CanaryBoss

These builds get expensive. If you quit now, it will never be right. Push on!

Check out my latest creation.

Attachments