Avant loaders

tnttree

I would have never deduced.

I was hoping for more specifics.
The non HD has been a hell of a strong machine,
with no complaints from owners

Well then the factory doubled the pump size from 200 ccs to 400 ccs and changed the poclain drive motors.
and introduced the "HD" late last summer

The HD is incredibley more torquey
stop mid hill with Avants and standard 254s and they will hesitate
Stop midhill the HD's just takes right off, pushing a big bucket into mulch piles
great improvement - and the standards were great

watch this thing climb ramps, even when I stop

Last edited:

TopNotchEquipment

What’s the difference between the regular & HD?
as Dave said the HD has larger wheel motors which gives more torque to the ground, other than that the Machines are the same. Due to larger cc wheel motors the HD is also slightly slower top end ground speed.

deevo

Finally got my 528 Monday ! Oh man what a sweet machine. My vermeer Mini skid which I’m keeping now likely won’t see a lot of action now. Hands down the wheel loaders are 100 times better then a mini skid depending on where you are and terrain you have to deal with. Won’t lift as much as @rico skidder but dam close lol!

It’s a very smooth high power machine, turf tires are so nice, no more alturna mats highways ( for the most part) only draw back is not being able to get through a 36” gate. Other then that if someone’s debating on a mini skid or something like this to buy, go with the wheel loaders ! You’ll be happy you did !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Coen

I’ve got 1100 hours on my 528. No major issues, but something I’m dealing with right now is the 12 inch by 1 5/8 hydraulic hose going from the tank to the pump. The poor parts guy at Alta equipment had a bitch of a time trying to get this ordered for me. He seemed pretty frustrated by the whole process. I don’t think Avant did him any favors. I would think ordering a hose should be pretty simple. I kinda fear needing something a little more serious. I hope Avant knows the frustration they .......

Stephen Moore

I’ve got 1100 hours on my 528. No major issues, but something I’m dealing with right now is the 12 inch by 1 5/8 hydraulic hose going from the tank to the pump. The poor parts guy at Alta equipment had a bitch of a time trying to get this ordered for me. He seemed pretty frustrated by the whole process. I don’t think Avant did him any favors. I would think ordering a hose should be pretty simple. I kinda fear needing something a little more serious. I hope Avant knows the frustration they .......
We get hydraulic hoses made for our gear in Kamloops, there should be some shop near you that can make up a hose. It is super common for equipment to blow em. Ask any local excavator contractor where they get hoses made.

TopNotchEquipment

If I can help either of you, let me know. We can ship parts to Canada. I am not sure on shipping machines but I can definitely check with our shipping company on what we need to do.

Stephen Moore

If I can help either of you, let me know. We can ship parts to Canada. I am not sure on shipping machines but I can definitely check with our shipping company on what we need to do.
Yes please do! I am truly interested because I like the compact format and less physical labour always is better! I do tell clients that when the material is on the ground a machine will beat man hands down. We often use an excavator but most sites are not on with that kind of disturbance.

tnttree

congrats you will love the machine, it will change your dragging life.
give my BM grapple a shot at your business. I have lots of copy cat mfgs out there now.
My grapple is still unique with more tree guy features than the competitors, give me a call with questions why Branch Manager is still your best value

Stephen Moore

congrats you will love the machine, it will change your dragging life.
give my BM grapple a shot at your business. I have lots of copy cat mfgs out there now.
My grapple is still unique with more tree guy features than the competitors, give me a call with questions why Branch Manager is still your best value
Yeah I ordered it with a BMG!

The non HD has been a hell of a strong machine,
with no complaints from owners

Well then the factory doubled the pump size from 200 ccs to 400 ccs and changed the poclain drive motors.
and introduced the "HD" late last summer

The HD is incredibley more torquey
stop mid hill with Avants and standard 254s and they will hesitate
Stop midhill the HD's just takes right off, pushing a big bucket into mulch piles
great improvement - and the standards were great

watch this thing climb ramps, even when I stop
Dave's grapple rules best out on market