Arborwear like climb pants with knee pad inserts in place?

erwin

I looked at their ascender and canopy pants and they don’t have the knee pad pockets. I absolutely have to have them especially for way out on a limb limb walking. I tried all kinds of knee pads over the years, never found the perfect pair. The insert idea sounds good to me. Any leads? Thx. Erwin

Mowerr

I looked at their ascender and canopy pants and they don’t have the knee pad pockets. I absolutely have to have them especially for way out on a limb limb walking. I tried all kinds of knee pads over the years, never found the perfect pair. The insert idea sounds good to me. Any leads? Thx. Erwin
Should talk to that guy in the other thread that's doing r and d for some saw pant manufacturer. He's looking for ideas like this. He wants our input. Think his name was peetle or pctree

climbstihl

Should talk to that guy in the other thread that's doing r and d for some saw pant manufacturer. He's looking for ideas like this. He wants our input. Think his name was peetle or pctree
I think he was affiliated with clogger.

Peetle

Hi guys, how can I be of assistance?
I would be interested to hear a bit more about your problem Erwin

Pete
Clogger

erwin

like explained in my very first post, the kelvlar knee reinforcement can and should b made into a knee pad pocket for the Arborwear ascender pants. U give ur customer another very useful feature without adding any production cost. That will also make the pants appealing to other communities, like prepers.

Peetle

like explained in my very first post, the kelvlar knee reinforcement can and should b made into a knee pad pocket for the Arborwear ascender pants. U give ur customer another very useful feature without adding any production cost. That will also make the pants appealing to other communities, like prepers.
Thanks Erwin. If it is non chainsaw protective climbing pants you are looking for, our Spider climbing pants already have built in padding behind the wear resistant material - https://clogger.co.nz/spider-mens-climbing-pants/, have you seen them before? Super lightweight and incredibly tough. I will get hold of a pair of the Arborwear Ascends and see if it a feature that we could improve with.

Thank you for the feedback.

Pete
Clogger

erwin

Thanks Erwin. If it is non chainsaw protective climbing pants you are looking for, our Spider climbing pants already have built in padding behind the wear resistant material - https://clogger.co.nz/spider-mens-climbing-pants/, have you seen them before? Super lightweight and incredibly tough. I will get hold of a pair of the Arborwear Ascends and see if it a feature that we could improve with.

Thank you for the feedback.

Pete
Clogger
If u decided to improve that feature send me a pair n I’ll try it out.

Tom Lynch

I'm with Erwin 100%. I don't get why climbing pants don't have knee pad options. A good 1/2" of high density foam, to keep my knee cap safe and comfortable. Would be a huge selling point. Even for some ground work it would be nice, to me.

erwin

only worn it 2 times. 2nd belt loop on the right laterally fell off. Hopefully that's exception and the quality of the near 200 dollar pant holds!

oldoakman

only worn it 2 times. 2nd belt loop on the right laterally fell off. Hopefully that's exception and the quality of the near 200 dollar pant holds!
Which pants are you talking about? I like your idea about the knee pads and clogger seems to be the only outfit listening to us or at least willing to have a conversation. I have personally asked Bill Weber at arborwear to have a production run of larger sizes in the canopy and ascender models that fell on deaf ears. I think once the ground guys tried them and found how comfortable they are they will sell very well.

Last edited:

erwin

They’re the ascender pants I just got. Also got a pair of canopy pants for office. Like the keep u cool part, but unimpressed by the pockets design.

jdevogel

Hey @erwin - if you want, email me at jdevogel@arborwear.com, I'd like to make it right if I can. Sorry to hear about your experience with the Ascenders. Did you buy them directly from Arborwear recently? Send some pics of the tag and damage along with the email if you could. Thanks!

jdevogel

@erwin I'm actually the website guy who had a tree workin' (later a lineman) dad (did groundie work for him on many occasions - best boss ever ;)). but I do have direct access to the Product Development department and will happily take any suggestions to pass on. Another GREAT way to let us know what can be improved is by signing up for the field tester program. Just give us a ring ( 1-888-578-8733) and mention you would like to be a field tester, they will put you in touch with the appropriate folks who will figure if you're a good fit. Lots of questions, but you get to influence future product in a very direct way.

treebilly

I like the knee pad pocket idea even though the iron woods have enough padding for me
@jdevogel Have you guys at arborwear decided on a suspender for the ironwoods? The loops are on the pants but (at the time I bought mine) don’t sell any suspenders. Endor’s and I are wondering

erwin

@erwin I'm actually the website guy who had a tree workin' (later a lineman) dad (did groundie work for him on many occasions - best boss ever ;)). but I do have direct access to the Product Development department and will happily take any suggestions to pass on. Another GREAT way to let us know what can be improved is by signing up for the field tester program. Just give us a ring ( 1-888-578-8733) and mention you would like to be a field tester, they will put you in touch with the appropriate folks who will figure if you're a good fit. Lots of questions, but you get to influence future product in a very direct way.
Here they are.

Attachments

jdevogel

I like the knee pad pocket idea even though the iron woods have enough padding for me
@jdevogel Have you guys at arborwear decided on a suspender for the ironwoods? The loops are on the pants but (at the time I bought mine) don’t sell any suspenders. Endor’s and I are wondering
Let me check it out. I know Arborwear doesn't have our own branded suspenders, but we do make belts so ...:confused:. At the very least they may know some third party suspenders that work well with the loops on the Ironwoods.