Arbortec Breatheflex Chainsaw Pants

Discussion in 'Rant and Rave' started by NJC, Nov 28, 2017.

1. NJC

NJC Member

I just got a pair of these Arbortec pants from Sherrill and after one day in them noticed that the chainsaw protection on the left leg/hip is not completely sewn to the pants fabric as it is on the other side. This leaves the protection in that small area prone to shifting/flapping, but more concerning is the protective fibers that look loose and like they could snag and upset the weave of that entire protective panel.

I'm assuming there was an error in manufacturing since it looks like the stich was stopped short rather than having come undone, but figured I'd see if anyone else that has these pants could weigh in. My last few emails to Sherrill (and TreeStuff for that matter) have gone completely unanswered, so I want to make sure I'm not out of line before bombarding them with emails and calls.

Thanks,

Nick[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. treehumper

treehumper Well-Known Member

Send the pics to Sherrill and they'll take care of you. Arbortec is really good about warranty stuff.

3. wyoclimber

wyoclimber Well-Known Member

They’ve definitely been much slower responding to emails, but I’ve still been getting a response. I’d assume 4-5 days.

treehumper likes this.
  4. NJC

NJC Member

I ended up getting a quick response from Sherrill, who then sent the question on the Arbortec. It sounds like the stitch is stopped short on purpose to allow a pocket, and the long fibers should have been trimmed after production, but shouldn't cause any risk of malfunction.

The pants seem pretty great now that I've got a quality set of suspenders that keep me from flashing crack to the old ladies watching from the window.

I suspect that posting about the question/issue here on TreeBuzz led to a more personalized response than one might get through the standard means of contacting Sherrill, but in any case it was a very positive experience overall.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

5. Raven27

Raven27 Active Member

My partner won a pair of those at Arborfest this year, they're not very durable, he doesn't climb much and almost any little thing that snags them usually results in a small tear, or pulled thread. For their high price, you'd expect better durability in something meant to be around rough things like branches,bark, etc..

6. wyoclimber

wyoclimber Well-Known Member

Interesting. I got a little over a year out of mine, which I consider reasonable. I only got 6 months out of my Clogger’s.