anyone try to climb with any of these gloves?

this one looks like atlas but with kevlar somehow introduced:

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/S-15...campaign=Gloves

this one would be awesome if the silicone grips well and last long, i doubt it though:

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605...20070921x00003a

this one is like many other sailing gloves made for handling rope, with Amara, whatever that is:

http://www.westmarine.com/buy/products/1436-3-4-finger-sailing-gloves.html

just looking for some info before i go buying one of each to try them out!

I use a similar glove to your first choice, the Super Gription. The ones I use are from tree stuff called the wonder glove, they cost around a dollar, cheap but get the job done. My take on it would be to buy the first pair.

Tr33Climb3r

[ QUOTE ]
The ones I use are from tree stuff called the wonder glove, they cost around a dollar, cheap but get the job done.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are great gloves. Depending on the jobs they last about a week or two. Overall good gloves.

I haven't tried any of the ones you listed.

I climb with the wonder gloves quite a bit because of the price....cheap. I like them alright but I wish they fit just a little tighter. Once I have used them for a day they seem to loosen up around the fingers once the coating starts to wear and were always getting caught in my hitch. I just picked up a pair of cheap nitrile coated gloves at our local TSC. I really like them much tigher fit almost as if you are wearing latex gloves yet I barely even notice they are on my hands they are very soft and move nicely. I still wear the wonder gloves when its colder but the nitrile coated ones are my new favorite.

These are it, no comment on durability yet as they havent seen alot of abuse but as far as fuction they are great.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/west-chester-men-s-nitrile-coated-nylon-shell-gloves-7422643

treehumper

I've been wearing North's version of the nitrile gloves for 5 yrs now. Much better than the wonder glove for durability. The coating doesn't tear off like the latex. Wash them regularly without using any sort of fabric softener or dryer sheets (bounce) and the tackiness will be revived. They conduct extremely well so watch out when letting rope run through them.

thanks, I guess i was most interested in feedback from the last pair of sailing gloves, wondering how grippy that Aramid is and how long they last.
Fingerless would be sweet and breathable would be even better and a glove that doesn't get stuck in my hitch, the best!

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Ok Goodpredator will join this one look back in rant and rave where Bill N is talking about 10% savings on ironclad gloves. He uses the boxer type and has the same issues as yourslf. They are pricey down here butt I have used them lots when money is flowing. but right now the atlas has to suffice as things are slow. I keep wanting to get more but too many bills up my ssa. There are also the framers which have two fingers out. Give them a try they are grippy and fairly durable.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Oh yeah sailing gloves and the likes are not built to withstand the vigors of treework just something to think about.

theXman

I've found some cheap ones that last at LEAST 2 months of hard work.

Not telling about them, in case I can start selling them....

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
They look good but are they thick as I need no insulation too hot down here. Like them thin so ya can feel and obviously how do they grip just curious.

JTree

Personally, I go without gloves in the summer here in TX. I'm not saying that it's wise or that I don't have issues without gloves, but when it comes to being able to feel, skin to rope wins. During the winter I've been wearing a variety so maybe my opinion is next to worthless. I usually chop the fingers off the first two fingers regardless of what gloves I'm working with as that's all I need to manipulate the friction hitches I'm working with.

This is a good thread! I hope it keeps going as, being that I have a layer of callous half a mile thick, I am somewhat self conscious about my hands when I am shaking hands with the fairer sex (NOT A DIS TO WOMEN, JUST A CONCERN OF A SINGLE MAN).

The way I go thru those gloves, at 12 bucks a pair I'd be bankrupt after a month!

2-3 bucks per pair for the cheapo's here.

Don't hold out on us X!

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
[ QUOTE ]
The way I go thru those gloves, at 12 bucks a pair I'd be bankrupt after a month!

2-3 bucks per pair for the cheapo's here.

Don't hold out on us X!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I am hearing ya Dylan, down here the ironclad gloves which last about two months climbing 4 days a week on average cost about $45 US because of duties which sucks. That is why I have been using atlas $14 US which lasts about a month ( I wear them to the bone as long as there are not too many holes the rubber is long worn ) depending on the type of jobs.

The thing I dislike about the cheapos, or any of the grippy gloves, is that when the material starts to peel away it can sometimes cause headache moments when rapelling on a hitch.

I'd pay extra for good climbing gloves that lasted, but 6 bucks a pair is like tops.

I like to keep a few pair on rotation, and don't do groundwork in my climbing gloves, I like leathers for the ground stuff.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Hear ya Dylan I too feel like I have spent too much on gloves in the past. That is why I use the atlas and I actually prefer when the grippy shite is gone around the fingers which does frig with the hitch on decents etc. That's why they last longer than with other dudes. I always rotate in a sense as I have lots of old pairs knocking around.

yeah sounds like we all have the same issues... the atlas is best but far from perfect. X-man save us!

i saw somewhere a pair of gloves that looked like it had several hard plastic ribs running across the palm and they were made for gripping rope but i can't remember where i saw them. anyone?

X-man sell or tell!

btw thanks those ironclads are looking pretty good... i might try the ronstan sailing gloves too and see how long they last... or some football receiver gloves! jk i was looking at those but they look super thin and easily worn out...

has anyone ever used rosin? except im guessing it would transfer onto the rope and change how the hitch performs...drat.