Anyone have the Branch Manager Edition (Giant 254T) loader?

I am currently running a Gehl Al 20dx loader. We love it! and for its size it is absolutely amazing! I was wondering if anyone is running the Giant 254t loader. What I would really like to know is how heavy of a log it can pick up with the branch manager grapple. We have weighed some of the logs that we can pick up with our Gehl and it can pick up a 1000 to 1200 lb log! I am wondering how much better the giant 254 T can do? Does anyone have some actual weights of logs they have picked up with it?

Tr33Climb3r

I am currently running a Gehl Al 20dx loader. We love it! and for its size it is absolutely amazing! I was wondering if anyone is running the Giant 254t loader. What I would really like to know is how heavy of a log it can pick up with the branch manager grapple. We have weighed some of the logs that we can pick up with our Gehl and it can pick up a 1000 to 1200 lb log! I am wondering how much better the giant 254 T can do? Does anyone have some actual weights of logs they have picked up with it?
We have the same machine. When I upgrade/add another loader I plan on going the same route. I do believe it can do about 2000lbs but I'm not positive. I drove one at a jambo. They are nice machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tnttree

Gareth, the AL20 (made by Avant) is comparable to a new Avant 420.
420 Avant is a 1200 lift class, the Giant 254 is in the 2000 lb lift class, its comparison in Avant would be a 528 model.
Some Quick Differences between the AL20 and the Giant 254 - 1200lb vs 2000lb, Giant lifts about 20" higher, faster 9.5MPH, joystick controls, etc. etc. 254T redwood.jpg

Attachments

Introductory "825D Tree Guy Package" $38,995.00*

Now Taking orders and Deposits* for the New 2019 Cast 825D ..... Early orders with deposit get free Grapple* and tire upgrade to 13" wide turf tire with the possibility of 26.5X14-12 turf tire (pending approval by engineering)
*Call Harry (612) 454-9191 for details and estimated delivery or email harry@topnotchequipment.com
IMG_3147.JPG
Above image shown on 26.5X14-12 tires
IMG_3201.JPG
Above image shown with standard 23X10.50-12 tires

Attachments

Last edited:

tnttree

Hey whats all this Cast stuff on a Branch Manager Edition page?

Giant has more features than any other Articulating Loader in the 2000# lift class,
Stop by our TCI Booth in Charlotte next month and Check out first hand why I say Giant is the best machine available in the US today.

Attachments

That is an aftermarket Faster coupler that is not a factory installed option on a Giant 254tele. Avant And MultiOne quick coupling systems are standard while Cast offers a factory installed option (as seen in picture).
There are many reasons why we chose to not make it standard feature on CAST, first it limits the ease of rental attachments by having to use an adapter, second reason was customers who have multiple hydraulic attachments must convert their entire fleet of attachments and then their attachments would not be universal between their other machines.

IMG_3229.JPG multione connector.jpg avant coupler.jpg

Thanks for all the responses guys! As I keep thinking about what direction I want to go I think I'm leaning towards having two machines. That way if one of them goes down I can continue to work with the other one. (At this point if our Gehl goes down we end up all but stopping work!)
I'm thinking my second machine may be a large one, maybe in the five to seven thousand pound class. If I was hoping to just run one loader I would probably end up with something three to four thousand pounds, but I know having a big heavy machine is nice sometimes. (I have been running a tractor with a PTO stump grinder for years and it weighs 8500 lb. which seems like a lot but with wide turf tires on it it is very gentle on lawns. And really nice when you need to push, pull, or lift big heavy things)
So, since I am leaning towards 2 machines and cost is always a concern I am leaning toward a used bigger machine, maybe a Wacker Neuson wl30 or a Gehl 340 or 540. If and or when the my Gehl is finally done I would probably get a slightly bigger loader for my "small" loader.