Any tree guys in Chicago or NW Indiana?

Silas

I've been working for a small shop for the past few years. This year however I didn't get a lot of hours in....there just wasn't enough work to go around. How about you guys? Are you staying busy? I'm thinking about working for myself next season. Appreciate the help.

waross

What type of work are you looking for?
I also live in Hobart.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Silas

I have a CDL and clean driving record. I don't have experience climbing.

I just live in Hobart but work for a guy...he didnt have a lot of work for me this year. I dont have any experience on the sales side, so I'm not sure what's going on.

southsoundtree

Having climbing experience is helpful for ground workers.

Get some climbing experience, if only rec climbing, to have the aerial perspective and understanding, and continue working on the ground, if you like. You will be better on the ground. More valuable, more marketable.

Become an aspiring climber at any level, and become more valuable and marketable, but don't expect to get a lot of climbing time at work. Rec climb more, watch at work, ask questions, rec climb more, watch at work, ask questions, ask for an opportunity to climb when feasible. You will only want short, simple trees to start working. Small bites so you don't choke...you can eat an elephant that way.

B_Strange

Having climbing experience is helpful for ground workers.

Get some climbing experience, if only rec climbing, to have the aerial perspective and understanding, and continue working on the ground, if you like. You will be better on the ground. More valuable, more marketable.

Become an aspiring climber at any level, and become more valuable and marketable, but don't expect to get a lot of climbing time at work. Rec climb more, watch at work, ask questions, rec climb more, watch at work, ask questions, ask for an opportunity to climb when feasible. You will only want short, simple trees to start working. Small bites so you don't choke...you can eat an elephant that way.
That is great advice. A coworker of mine said he heard a speaker at this year’s expo say not to expect to get better climbing on someone else’s dime and to rec climb as much as possible. +1 on the short simple trees approach. Listen to your mentor, trust them and do what they say.