Amarid/technora natural crotch rigging line?

Serf Life

self lowering on removals is why I have switched to using natural crotch a lot lately, I know it can be done with rings and other devices but natural has been working great as long as you choose the correct rope.

another rope that I use with natural crotch is Samson hawkeye, its a 16 strand and has been holding up great
Yeah the Arbormaster series is great for rigging. @Roger_Barnett why do you prefer True Blue for natural crotching? Tensile is higher with Bluestreak/Hawkeye etc, does TB wear nicer?

*useless info*

Rigging on own mostly can take some load off ground crew and allow them to stay more focussed, minimizing need to break off.
So much more control with line sweated tight, and line tightening before the support frictions added also.
Also, hinging long branch down into rope tied near CoG so self tightens rigging rope before tearoff for less impact. Heavier stuff might even take overhead Round Turn on support.

southsoundtree

True Blue has energy absorbing stretch, and still around 6-7k breaking, IIRC.
Cheap enough, too.
No rotation, as with three-strand tree-master.

Static strength is not the same as real world loading with high peak impacts, cushioned by the rope itself, and Hopefully the roper. With short sections of rope in play, as with aerial friction, that cushion helps.

RBJtree

I used to run my own ropes a lot. Then one day an old guy on the crew I was working with said to me, "these guys live to run ropes, let them do it." It's something that a lot of ground guys look forward to. It's fun and it makes them more than just labor help. No one wants to do nothing but grunt all day. I still run my own ropes on occation, or take over so a ground guy can push or pull something into position. It's also pretty rare that both ends of the rope are near me.

*useless info*

i think of Rope as yin/yang mix of macho raw strength + 'female forgiveness' (please excuse oxymoron) to task.
>>At any rate look for elasticity to get mad/injured and leave line first, eventually most can come back (in hours especially), but some wears out of line permanently. Permanent losses build over time etc.
Leaving perhaps closer to origianl strength, than original elasticity in due course.
Tighter/static line more towards cable lifting or pre-tightening to be main support before tearoff.
>>because shocks to stiffer line conducting thru support system, tightening knots more, testing ropes,support, ground men etc.
Easier to allow longer limb to pretighten self thru hinging down with tighter line , even if not pretight enough. Static/less dynamic line mix pre-tightens self faster.
More dynamic line better for load switching over to line AFTER tearoff;so impacts line
Hang time on hinge is between movement and tearoff, can be magical twilight point to play with of 2 supports possible (hinge and rope) during movement, 1 is expendable after positioning, handing off to other (hinge hands off to rope)
Allowing longer horizontal to pretighten self is one trick in this 'twilight' between connected and not of during change/movement.
Dynamic line can of course put more forgiveness in the system and not transfer as much especially of raw hit/impact.
Tho less so when less line, especially before support frictions; like at start of loading/before lowering.
>>So might let run a lil before catch to have more elastic line length before hit if play rite.
Counter-Intuitive point (perhaps) to next level, to illuminate functions more:
1000# in a 2/1 on inline support(s) impacts like would at 500# on single line (much greater)
>>the elasticity from given line is calc'd @ percentage of line tensile en-roached on
(so in doubling line capacity have different shock range)
>>the scale of change is a sliding logarithm type, not simple incremental
Can get significantly more hit per rope type from this effect.
>>More spread supports do leverage line to higher tension on 2/1, but also can get severe side loading, especially before lowering.
>>so once again some lowering before impact can playout for more elastic line length for hit and less sharp/leveraged line angle taking hit

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Since it’s introduction thirty plus years ago True Blue has been the go-to rope for continuous natural crutch rigging. Rarely have I seen it melted or frayed up bad

It’s my favorite rope color but I’ve never bought any. Haha

Tr33Climb3r

When I used to do all natural crotch rigging with my dad I would prefer the true blue. I also liked the 3 strand we ran on occasion. Now these days I use pulleys and rings. I prefer double braid now and had the red/white Teufelberger rigging line and loved the cover. I wish more double braids had a tighter cover. It just feels better in the hand. I know when we get our Teufelberger order together I look forward to stocking those rigging ropes.