Akimbo Pre Order Poll

NickfromWI

For what it’s worth and I’m not sure it matters but I’m hearing rumors that WesSpur may’ve gotten in some trouble for offering them at a discount. Some people have been getting emails from wesspur saying they have to raise the rate to the $350 everyone else is selling it for. Rumor has it that wesspur might get in trouble from RE and might not get their full first shipment, so folks might be waiting longer from there. I was gonna buy six from them and six from treestuff!!!

love
nick

ßrit

@NickfromWI WesSpur offered discounts for a short period on the Akimbo using the code "expo" and Treestuff did the same using the code "TCIA2018". The rumor don't make sense :birras:. I ordered mine 11/11/2018 WesSpur.

rbreesems

11/11 wesspur.

About the wesspur discount, this was posted in the 'Wicked excited about the Akimbo' Facebook group. Seems no discounts if you ordered after 11/11. I did not get an email and I got the discount.

From the Facebook post:
"Note: The Akimbo is subject to MAP pricing and is excluded from all coupons, discounts, and other promotions. WesSpur will honor orders that were placed with a promotional discount before 11/12/18, but all future orders are subject to MAP pricing. If a coupon incorrectly applies to the Akimbo in your cart, the discount will be removed when your order is billed."

http://www.wesspur.com/ascenders/akimbo.html

bonner1040

@NickfromWI WesSpur offered discounts for a short period on the Akimbo using the code "expo" and Treestuff did the same using the code "TCIA2018". The rumor don't make sense :birras:. I ordered mine 11/11/2018 WesSpur.
The TCIA2018 code excluded the Akimbo as did our Black Friday promos. 100% sure of that.

ßrit

touché bonner but what we still don't know is how many, on what date, and where from you pre-ordered your akimbo...

JeffGu

Well, the rumor that @NickfromWI has quit the tree business and become a used car salesman in El Segundo appears to be bogus, too.
And there's that rumor that @bonner1040 was appointed by Trump to head up the new Department of Arborist Supplier Conspiracies might be wrong, as well. Damn, all this FAKE NEWS is making it really hard to keep track of stuff.

I've got to check @rico's VISA card limit to see how many of these things he can afford to buy me.

Steve Connally

Dave explained it on a private FB group. It was a marketing accident quickly caught and taken care of as were the people who ordered with the code. If I believe correctly they were either following or misread a discount code from another supplier not realizing the akimbo couldn't be discounted per RE policy. I didn't hear anything about a punishment hold on their order.