Air Powered Tree Access - 'The 64 Special'

bonner1040

Air Powered Tree Access - \'The 64 Special\'

Here is a quick peak at the newest APTA rope setting device, 'The 64 Special'

Just a bit of testing: 100' and 150' shots with ease.

http://youtu.be/nDNUZqy8RIY

Available for sale soon. PM for details.

pctree

Re: Air Powered Tree Access - \'The 64 Special\'

Wow that thing makes the big shot look lame!!! I want one !

That and a Wraptor and no tree would be safe at night..

bonner1040

Shoot, if you aim it at the base most trees fall down in fear...

bonner1040

Just a model number.

My co-creator was born in 64, I was born in 85. Hence the '65 Special' and the 'Model 85' designations for the two different models.

bonner1040

Please PM for pricing and details. I am still working through the prototyping phase and the units going out now are made to order and are what you would consider cosmetic 2nds. THey are fully functional.

Once I have the materials and production process refined I will likely build an inventory and set a retail price.

goodpredator

Holy Mother of Invention.

That thing is sweet!

How is the accuracy with the shorter barrel? Is it fairly good or is it right on? Plans for a sight?

And how many pumps of the bicycle pump to get the psi up?

Thanks!

bonner1040

Quite a few pumps. Never counted. The accuracy is the same, the barrel is 24", the same as the others. The shorter appearance is because it is fixed inside the compression chamber.

Making one shot in a speed race vs. The big shot APTA loses if you are pumping. The advantage is in power, accuracy, and durability. Once practiced you should only need one shot.

It comes standard with the blade sight. Weaver or piccatini rails are an easy addon. Any cheap reddot from walmart will do and with the diminished recoil compared to a firearm should last just fine.

Bixler

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a quick peak at the newest APTA rope setting device, 'The 64 Special'

Just a bit of testing: 100' and 150' shots with ease.

http://youtu.be/nDNUZqy8RIY

Available for sale soon. PM for details.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I just got the chills. I believe that would be mine in the video?

I was hoping it would shoot above the 100' mark, but to see it go 150' with that 12oz bag, unbelievable.

Nick it's been GREAT working with you guys, thank you for keeping me updated during the birthing process of my new 64 Special. I've been tracking it, so it will be here any day now, and I'll be sure to put it to good use!

bonner1040

That was the Bixler Edition. Thanks to you, our first customer, hope you love it!

I bet you could hit over 200' with a bike pump. You might not like pumping it but the device could do it at just over 100 psi I bet. If you used a lighter bag it might go 200' at as low as 90psi.

Had the line not been tied it would have gone more than 150' at 90psi.

Taking orders for prototypes now at below retail. PM for details.

bonner1040

So Bixler,

You have had it for a bit now. What says you? Like it love it hate it?

BBBTree

Can we pump it up with the mini air compressor that we plug into the cigarette lighter at the truck?

bonner1040

Generally speaking that won't push enough psi. You can try though!

Bixler

Christmas came early...

Thanks Nick! The 64 Special arrived, it's everything I've dreamed of. Just a couple of shots posted here so you get the idea. Pumped it up shortly after it came in, no problem with the air compressor I have, and fired off a few rounds before dark -so happy to see smoke pouring out of the barrel!LOL It went 180 feet up a Pine no problem with a 10 oz canvas bag. It's not as loud as you would think and it holds a charge just fine.

Getting a rope installed in a tree is so important for me. It helps to save energy, I'm more comfortable being tied in as I work my way up to the top ect. This gives me another option to work with when I need to get big distance with those tough shots. Where I have found it most useful is when I am able to stand quite a distance from the tree, I can pump the thing up to 140 psi and lob the bag into the upper canopy, shooting 200 ft of line- pull rope up, tie one end off and climb the other. Only downside is my 200ft rope is too short, gotta go with the 300.

This thing is well made, heavy duty, and seems really durable - damn near idiot proof. I love it

BOTS

The Bixler edition, nice!

Brian it looks like you will save a lot of time with the "64" on the big pines and cedars...gotta see it in use

DSMc

I have been using one of Nick's APTA line setters. It is the model 85 which is just a long, straight design. For my use, this style works great as I can store it in with my pole saws and other long tools.

These tools are great fun to use and are a viable alternative to the Bigshot. Very rugged and easy-to-store but the big thing is that they can really send a throw bag high with good accuracy.

Oh, did I mention that they are FUN!

bonner1040

Great Pic Dave, I finally 'see' the valve extension.

Dylan, msg me over at 'the house' and we can talk buddy. The newer shoulder mounts are just starting to come off the line, much sleeker than the first ones!