Addicted.

dmonn

I started trying to splice about a month ago. Why didn't you guys warn me that it's addicting? I keep trying to find more/different rope to splice, and trying different splices. Of course I only do this when it's dark or pouring rain, which is about half the time right now.

TimBr

Stay away from ebay. The deals on rope scraps are addicting. And definately don't go to the castobargains ebay store.
I'm not sure, but it seems to me that you might be trying to feed @dmonn's addiction. Your nickname wouldn't happen to be "pusherman" would it?

The lyrics are shown in the writeup below the video. Perhaps, upon reading them, that was a bit too harsh of a characterization. Great song, nonetheless.

Last edited:

dmonn

No shakes yet. I ordered some cheap "double braid" on Ebay to play with, but it's not double braid. Here's a photo. What is the correct description for this construction?

Attachments

Santiago Casanova

No shakes yet. I ordered some cheap "double braid" on Ebay to play with, but it's not double braid. Here's a photo. What is the correct description for this construction?
That is called a parallel core. Very common with kernmatle rope. That sucks you did not get a braided core. I hope you find some good short lengths for splicing.