2nd Annual Spring Splicing Symposium

rich_h

[ QUOTE ]
Trying to do my last minute planning before I leave Tomorrow. What is the meal schedule looking like. I get worried that I wont get my coffee in the morning. That would not be good. Should I bring my own. I know this seems silly but I do not function without large amounts of caffeine to get me started (especially if I've been drink'n.) Can't wait. Thinking about calling in sick tomorrow but that wouldnt be cool. Think we got removals to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

no need to worry about the food or coffee...all meals are covered and the coffee pots will be going all day long, both days...

rich_h

So far Hickory Heights has 5 occupants as well as a nice 65' zipline to an adjoining Oak with several more Tree Boats. All told 9 will be aloft tonight plus many more tomorrow.

...oh yeah and we might do a little splicing too !!!

familytree

Hey rich, I showered just for the treeboat occasion. Can't wait to sleep in some trees. We are half an hour out and the gps took a poop on us. Hope to see ya soon

UrbanTC

[ QUOTE ]
I can just feel the carpal tunnel setting in right about now. Anyone's hands hurt real bad yet?

SZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they are starting to blister up.....
It's really the sleep depravation that's starting to take it's toll. Damn, I'm having a good time though!!!!

Just got back in and man do my hands hurt!!!! I have 3 good sized blisters and 3 more small ones. But damn, I had an AWESOME time!! For the $175 I payed, I got way more than my moneys worth!! Right now I feel like I can talk about splices and listen to other people and understand what their saying. I can even splice 16 strand and hollow braid right now without much of a problem.

Made it home! Thanks to all the instructors for all your patience. As soon as I got home I started in on some of my own rope. Now I need to figure out how to convince the Boss man to let me splice on the clock and how to convince my wife to spend a little money on some new toys. I already made two wire fids and figured out the locked brummel (inverted?)on some bee line. It was good meeting allot of nice folks and adding to my bag of tricks.

familytree

I can't believe I drove 12 hours to hang out with such a group of jerks. Every last one of ya, jerk. Total waste of both my time and money.

Oh yeah, ez, I don't appreciate you sending your henchmen to try to take me out. My kungfu is much to strong for that crap man you should know that. I meant what I said too, you wanna go around with the champ let me know and I'll send ya the 4 bucks it's gonna cost ya to drive that hybrid up here to jersey and we'll have our selves a good old fashioned hootin nanny.

Paul, although they are soft and comfortable I expect you to give me back my dirty underwear. Oh yeah, also they are to be worn to cover your butt not worn over your face for pure smell enjoyment and I'd apprecite it if you'd stop rummaging through my personal stuff.

One more thing, just because your 6'5 and an excellent Arborist doesn't mean you have to work for Noel or the limbwalker family. Although I am starting to think that it is prerec if you want to be gainfully employed by either of these companies
And just in case you guys were wondering, yes, human crane proposed to me on the way home and I said yes. We are getting married.

Cormack, you suck. Not only can you climb but I heard toni call you "eye candy". Great. Basically all of us guys there were hoping to get graded on the curve as far as looks go and apparently you screwed up the curve. Instead of looking like a group of arborists we looked like your entourage. Let me know about the girth worm btw.

Rich, if I hear another steel drum in the next week I may kill myself and you will be to blame

Jeremy, when your ready to talk about "the incident" puclimber, you have my number buddy, just give me a call. We can work this out man. I also left a list of times and dates for meetings in your area. Just go in, you don't even have to say anything just listen, I really think it will help

Pstauffel, if I can't do a descent bury I blame you and your gigantic cowboy hat. How the hell am I supposed to see through that thing?

Ranger, next time you need to set pops alarm clock a bit earlier my friend.

All jokes aside, had a great time guys, amazing. Learned a ton of stuff, not just about splicing but about our industry and I appreciate all the help everyone gave me and advice. I'd do it again tomorrow and do the whole drive over again just for the opportunity. Good times guys, keep in touch.

easyphloem

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, ez, I don't appreciate you sending your henchmen to try to take me out. My kungfu is much to strong for that crap man you should know that. I meant what I said too, you wanna go around with the champ let me know and I'll send ya the 4 bucks it's gonna cost ya to drive that hybrid up here to jersey and we'll have our selves a good old fashioned hootin nanny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to anything you wrote. I was just flauntin my bling and gettin that dirt off my shoulder.

That's right, I'm big-timin' you.

SZ

rich_h

Let me begin by saying that no one and I mean NO ONE should be allowed to have as much fun as we had this past weekend !!!! This is going to thoroughly ruin the rest of my year as there is no way we will be able to match the experiences we had splicing, climbing, tree boating, zip lining, and ...um...er...enjoying the fruits of KY. It should be illegal to have Josh Jump, Marc Powell, and Noel Boyer in the same room at the same time...my sides are still hurting!!

Huge thanks go to a ton of people for their work at this event. John Hartenburg, Cormac Nagan, Josh Jump, Jason Diehl, Rick "Hammer of the Gods" Denbeau, and Jim Fiorintino all busted their butts (and hands) making sure that our participants went home with as much knowledge as possible and helped bury a double braid or 100. Toni and Allison made sure that the property was in good shape for entertaining and made sure the fires were hot. Sharon and Jerry provided us with some super high quality eats and may have actually slept less than the rest of us. Without the efforts of the above this event would not have been anywhere near as much fun.

Big thanks also go to our many sponsors who provided cordage and other support. New England Ropes, Samson, Yale Cordage, All Gear, Knot and Rope Supply, Anchor Bridge Ropeworks, Shelter Tree, Lanphear Supply, Metro Arborist Supply, New Tribe, Limbwalker Tree Service, and Arborwear all went above the call of duty to make sure that our participants went home with some serious loot.

All told we had 30 participants representing 10 ISA chapters and 12 states. We couldn't have asked for a more respectful and courteous group of students and I am quite sure that our instructors learned just as much as our students did. Cheers to everyone for their excellent work and great attitudes. We can't wait to run this sucker again next year !!!!!

I would list the highlights of what went down, but I'm not sure the Treebuzz server could handle the volume. Needless to say the memories made this weekend will last forever.

Cheers to everyone for making this event the fun that it was !!!!!

Attachments