Acerxharlowii

Well the 8 mm epi does not work well with the xstatic or my scion. I have the 9mm RIT coming tomorrow. I hope that works better. I tried numerous hitches and none would grab reliably every time. I did the innovation, Brocky, regular hh, nothing man

Brocky

The tightly braided cover of the Epi makes it maybe too stiff for the HH. It seems to prefer softer cords to reliably grab. The best grabbing cord I’ve tried is Regatta Braid, but it is an all polyester single braid. I recently have got some Robline Racing Pro, shown below, which is a single braid made of polyester, dyneema, and technora. I haven’t done a head to head yet, but it seems very similar to the Regatta. I got the 7mm with a break strength of 14kN. There is also a 9mm with 24kN.
DAEFDBF9-BC43-495E-B904-C6B54A2BF73E.jpeg
The hitch is a 3-2 VT with a split bolt connector to adjust the wrap tension, instead of by how tight the hitch is tied.

Scratch

Wait, did I miss something... I haven't heard of the Brocky hitch. And the search doesn't help much on that word... anyone got a link for me to try it out?

DSMc

The tightly braided cover of the Epi makes it maybe too stiff for the HH. It seems to prefer softer cords to reliably grab. The best grabbing cord I’ve tried is Regatta Braid, but it is an all polyester single braid. I recently have got some Robline Racing Pro, shown below, which is a single braid made of polyester, dyneema, and technora. I haven’t done a head to head yet, but it seems very similar to the Regatta. I got the 7mm with a break strength of 14kN. There is also a 9mm with 24kN.
View attachment 57495
The hitch is a 3-2 VT with a split bolt connector to adjust the wrap tension, instead of by how tight the hitch is tied.
You are a clever guy, Brocky. I like how short that hitch is. Though it probably won't work with the above setup, the upper slope on the HH was purposely angled for guiding the hitch and keeping the dog bone, long sides, perpendicular to the slot.

Brocky

The above configuration does work, very nicely with being able to adjust with the split bolt. Without the bolt, the VT would cause the rope to rub on one side of the HH. The bolt corrects this and you are able to have the legs the same length, keeping the dogbone perpendicular to the body. The legs don’t seem to have to run parallel with the slots with the bolt use, with the wraps being isolated from the bottom finish.

Acerxharlowii

I bought my HH2 used (couple times) and it came with that 8mm epi, what a bunch of bullshit, what the heck is that cordage good for? It certainly isn’t meant for friction hitches on the HH2. The 9mm rit that came today works like a freakin charm. Night and day literally for me! Using the “Brocky” with 5 wraps on xstatic. Haven’t tried any other yet because it was like butter.

Last edited:

southsoundtree

Has anyone tried using a pinto as a tending pulley with the hh2? I don't have either device yet, planning on making an order soon.
@DSMc turned me onto the Petzl Fixe. He advocates to make it dedicate as a tender pulley, and pinch the cheek plated to the ring size (one of the DMMs, is what he uses, and so I use), such that it has a little spring effect to slip onto and off of the ring.

climbstihl

@DSMc turned me onto the Petzl Fixe. He advocates to make it dedicate as a tender pulley, and pinch the cheek plated to the ring size (one of the DMMs, is what he uses, and so I use), such that it has a little spring effect to slip onto and off of the ring.
Can you post a picture of that? Can't really visualize it.