2018 Vermeer S925TX mini skid

Windwalker

Selling my 2018 Vermeer 925TX mini skid, comes with a Vermeer grapple, 42" bucket, 55 hours give or take a few. 50 hour service performed last month. I bought this new last May. $26,000 cash sale, located in Pine Grove, Pa. 17963. The unit is being traded in on Monday of next week, so a deal has to happen before then. The price is firm, as this is only $1000 more than they are giving me on a trade. Best bet is to call at 570-two nine two-3277

Attachments

Selling my 2018 Vermeer 925TX mini skid, comes with a Vermeer grapple, 42" bucket, 55 hours give or take a few. 50 hour service performed last month. I bought this new last May. $26,000 cash sale, located in Pine Grove, Pa. 17963. The unit is being traded in on Monday of next week, so a deal has to happen before then. The price is firm, as this is only $1000 more than they are giving me on a trade. Best bet is to call at 570-two nine two-3277
Reason you’re selling or trading in?

Windwalker

Getting an Avant wheeled loader, which will replace my Mini and Kubota tractor. The mini doesn't get used a whole lot as you can see by the hours, but my tractor gets used everyday in the woodlot, moving logs, trailers, firewood, chips and brush. I also have a bandsaw mill and the Kubota supports the sawmill. I was going to upgrade my tractor, but the Avant is so versatile it can replace both. Pictured is a 36" maple log, 10' long, my tractor could only roll this around, the mini could lift it about 4", the Avant happily loaded it on my sawmill yesterday.

Attachments

Last edited:

Windwalker

Different subject, how that LT15 wide? I was going to start a mill thread. I'm considering that model.
I had a Timberking 1600 full hydraulic for 2 years before I got the LT15 wide, which I got this past winter. I had $30k invested in the 1600, this time of year tree work is too busy to mill, so the mill just sat. Its hard to swallow a $30 investment that isn't turning any income. Did a few jobs where I did big removals and rolled in with the mill. But the market will only sustain $60/hr for milling, and we all know tree work is more profitable and more fun. So I sold that mill last summer. Winter came around and tree work slowed down and I had a pile of logs. So I bought the LT15, built a roof over it and its always ready to go. I no longer do any production sawing. Mainly cut slabs and cookies to sell. I also cut what ever lumber I need for projects. I didn't know how I would like a manual mill vs the hydraulic mill. But I actually like it better. If you want to saw for production a hydraulic mill is the only way to go. If you want to just mess around and turn the interesting logs you bring home into some cool slabs and lumber the manual mill is pretty sweet for the price. I sliced that log yesterday evening in about 45 minutes. Its a cool little side gig to use up the wood that is a pain in the ass to firewood.

deevo

The mini has been replaced and the new helper got put to work today. I am very pleased so far.
I’ve got the same Avant it’s amazing! does circles around a mini skid and no lawn damage. It’s like the Cadillac of tree work and does the work of 3 guys!

islandedge

I’ve got the same Avant it’s amazing! does circles around a mini skid and no lawn damage. It’s like the Cadillac of tree work and does the work of 3 guys!
Its awesome how everyone finds what works best for them! Yet what works for some may not work for others. I sold my big articulating swinger when I got the treemek

islandedge

Bringing an articulating loader would probably get in the way in 90% of my jobs. I need small and nimble, something to carry the 25-30' top that the mek cut to the chipper. I work with buddy of mine quite often and he has 3 different loaders. Needless to say if I have my mini on the back of the crane I will take it down and it'll run circles around them feeding the chipper.

Bringing an articulating loader would probably get in the way in 90% of my jobs. I need small and nimble, something to carry the 25-30' top that the mek cut to the chipper. I work with buddy of mine quite often and he has 3 different loaders. Needless to say if I have my mini on the back of the crane I will take it down and it'll run circles around them feeding the chipper.
I just did a demo with a Avant 528 and I didn’t like at all maybe I’m just used to a skidsteer or mini.
I’ve ran cat 906 and 908 and liked them but never for removals.
I was grading stumps after grinding with the Avant and getting stuck (it was wet but my mini had no problem finishing up)

southsoundtree

My mini does the work of at least 5 guys. How many guys does it take to carry a log uphill safely, at machine capacity.

I would have a tough time with many of my jobs with an articulated loader. I'd like both.

I think I'd still have to mat-in because the ground is so wet for so long, here.

Less point-loading with those front tire, that happens when you're maxing the mini, with all the weight on the front idlers.

deevo

My mini does the work of at least 5 guys. How many guys does it take to carry a log uphill safely, at machine capacity.

I would have a tough time with many of my jobs with an articulated loader. I'd like both.

I think I'd still have to mat-in because the ground is so wet for so long, here.

Less point-loading with those front tire, that happens when you're maxing the mini, with all the weight on the front idlers.
I run both my Avant has 1100 lbs of counterweights foam filled tires reduce a lot of forces and wonkiness of the regular air filled tires. My Vermeer mini skid still comes to the odd job site but the Avant literally outlifts out works a mini skid hands down and no mats to lay.
3600 lbs of walnut taken out of a backyard 4 weeks ago. Was going to the mill, crane was only good for 3500 so we dropped it and took it out of the backyard up a slight hill to the flatbed trailer to the mill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deevo

I’m still 3 months out til my new cranes done I don’t think I’ll sell my Avant or mini skid as of yet

islandedge

I run both my Avant has 1100 lbs of counterweights foam filled tires reduce a lot of forces and wonkiness of the regular air filled tires. My Vermeer mini skid still comes to the odd job site but the Avant literally outlifts out works a mini skid hands down and no mats to lay.
3600 lbs of walnut taken out of a backyard 4 weeks ago. Was going to the mill, crane was only good for 3500 so we dropped it and took it out of the backyard up a slight hill to the flatbed trailer to the mill

Nice log. Yea the mini definitely wouldn't handle that..

Damn I was hoping you meant next Monday... That was a killer set up for the coin. Best of luck with the new machine, and that mill looks like an ideal setup. Something to aim towards down the road.