2017 MN TCC Champs

Long story... everyone including the top climbers and head judge Taylor hamel assumed it to be the case. With itcc being moved around there ended up being too many comps for itcc representation. Rather than making that clear even the least bit clear... they made that announcement after the comp.

Crazy_Jimmy

Our chapter is doing the same thing this year , so our winner gets the trophy and a chance to go to north Americans . The reason why is when they moved the ITCC to early spring in 2015 . All the chapters had to scramble to get a rep for it . We actually had a 2nd comp in oct 2014 to get a rep for the early 2015 itcc . Problem being they moved the ITCC back to summer , so now the guy that won say our 2016 comp in may , now has to wait til august of 2017 to do the ITCC . So I guess they wanted to get it back on schedule so the chapter winner doesn't have to wait 14 months before there ITCC comp they qualified for . They actually posted this on our ISA texas website , that would stink to win and not no before hand .

I couldn't agree more with one exception.. for those who aren't getting any younger i.e. those in their mid to late 30s make it clear what they are competing for. It's soooo rare to have an opportunity to climb at itcc and any confusion or misrepresentation of it is unacceptable. Congrats Jimmy but like you said about your chapters representation changed

Crazy_Jimmy

I couldn't agree more with one exception.. for those who aren't getting any younger i.e. those in their mid to late 30s make it clear what they are competing for. It's soooo rare to have an opportunity to climb at itcc and any confusion or misrepresentation of it is unacceptable. Congrats Jimmy but like you said about your chapters representation changed
Yeah man that stinks bro , that should be posted and announced prior to the competition even starting . I am 45 and it took me 14 years and 10 masters to finally win , this may be my only shot to go to ITCC lol