2011 Splicing Symposium

chris_girard

I was glad to still be able to sign up this week.

Don't wait like I did you guys, sign up while you still can! I know that it's going to be a blast.

chris_girard

Coming down with my wife, so I guess it's going to have to be a hotel. There's no way that I'll get her to camp out.

She won't be at the splicing workshop, but she still wants to make the trip with me.

matdand

Yo John, can you hook me up with a t-shirt with that logo on it, its sick!!! I couldnt make it this year but I am an alumni :) I gotta get some rope too.

Matt

Yea, that graphic above is a prototype of this years "Symposium Concert Poster". Not available on shirts....

We have done similar ones before and they are really cool. Hand silkscreen on gorgeous paper, really nice....

familytree

The Crane and I will see you folks in a few days. I've heard rumors of me getting my own work station so that my constant joking will not interrupt everyones education.

I'm interested to see how well I splice with more than 3 hours sleep and no hangover.

rich_h

You plan to get some sleep do ya???? Somehow I just don't see that being the case..... As for the hangover, we'll just see what kind of Bourbon tolerance you have built up since we last met : )

familytree

A little more than last time Rich.

So who's throwing an after party?

Or shall I make the appropriate accommodations for us to show old city how we get down?

There's a pretty cool hipster bar called sugar moms that we can go to or after hours BBQ over at FDR skate park. Weather looks good thus far with possible altercations late Friday.

chris_girard

Really looking forward to seeing you guys in a few days.

Any suggestions on a good route down there from NH, so I don't have to go over the George Washington Bridge and get backed up in NY and NJ?

Last time my GPS got me lost in Harlem!

Jman

[ QUOTE ]
Really looking forward to seeing you guys in a few days.

Any suggestions on a good route down there from NH, so I don't have to go over the George Washington Bridge and get backed up in NY and NJ?

Last time my GPS got me lost in Harlem!

[/ QUOTE ]

Get yourself to 90 west to 87 south to 287 south/west(can't remember what direction it is) to 78 west to 476 south to 76 west to 202 south. That should put you very close. Also going from 78 to 476 is a little tricky look for "penna turn pike" it's a green sign.

My parents live in western MA and this is by far the best way I have found that is reliable and not anywhere near the big cities. From western, Ma to southwest philly it's about 4.5 to 5 hours.

Also I would offer my house up for an after party but I have a pregnant wife at home so she wouldn't be too keen on on that.

There is all sorts of stuff closer if we want. Romping on the town sounds fun but I'm lazy and don't like to go far.