200T bore type

Just wondering if anyone knows which of the 2 bore types they are getting supplied with for the 200T? There's a chrome or a nickel type bore in these saws and I'm told that there is no way to tell without looking at the bore which one you've got.

Apparently we get supplied with the harder chrome bores in Australia because of our more abrasive hardwood timbers. I've bought a couple of used saws successfully from overseas however it's hard to know what you're getting if they won't label them or code the serial numbers somehow.
Pete

ehp

the problem with this is if your saw has a chrome bore and you put a ring in it for a nikisal bore your motor willnot last very long, a hour at most cause the ring will peel the chrome right off the wall of the jug, I have only seen chrome bores here

ehp

Tom and Glen I am not very good with a computer so I am sure there are alot of places outthere that I havenot got to to read on different things,
Thanks Ed

rborist1

Ed is definitely on of the best builders out there. He has done a Dolmar 7900 and a Husky 359 for me and they absolutely scream! I am definitly gonna have him build a couple more for me in the not to distant future! Good to see you around.

rborist1

Ed is definitely on of the best builders out there. He has done a Dolmar 7900 and a Husky 359 for me and they absolutely scream! I am definitly gonna have him build a couple more for me in the not to distant future!

ehp

Hi Craig , I wondered how the saws worked and I should of phoned you but I had your number in the other computer that died, the 359 in my little world is one of the best saws for the money out there once modified, they are a small saw that thinks they are a big one.

Thanks guys for the nice replys, it is kind of nice to get out of all the crap sometimes and storys , lies and what ever else is going on that day over at the other site

richhoffman

I will also say that Ed builds a strong/torquey saw. He has built 2 359's and 2 372's for me and they are outstanding performers.

Ed is also a stand out guy to deal with!

rborist1

[ QUOTE ]
Ed is also a stand out guy to deal with!

[/ QUOTE ]

When it comes to modded saws he is da man!