1st real job for the knuckle boom.

islandedge

Interesting job i had today. It was a oak tree that was partially uprooted and was leaning on 4 trees that the homeowner wanted to keep.. All of the tree's had tension from the oaks lean. I was worried it might come down completely once the tension was removed. Anyways it was fun yet stressful being a beginner with the k-boom. We got it done in 6 hrs with the 4 trees still standing, lol. I got to go back Monday to get the trunk wood. I'm hoping it might bring some money at a mill.

Last edited:

Jem4417

Glad it worked out. Even making those little pressure cuts off all those other trees when you think the giant tree is compromised can be real nerve racking

Lumberjack

My crane has angle sensors on each joint to calculate the jibs position and capacity. If the computer says it's in its capacity, I roll with it.

My chart doesn't show the jib below horizontal or the main/outer boom not fully extended.

This stump was heavy, but inside the computer's happy place. I transferred it to the main/outer boom to move down the driveway.

2017-07-06 15.52.11-1.jpg
2017-07-06 16.23.11 HDR.jpg