175T Removals

matdand

We did this job a couple of weeks ago. We took down 9 white pines total, 7 with a 175t, one was climbed and the other flopped. This was by far the biggest machine I've worked with and one of the larger projects I've coordinated in the three years my business has been running.

Space and access was super limited for the crane, it took them about 7 hours to setup on the first day, job was three days total. They even needed a boom truck to setup the jib cause there wasn't any room to swing it out. Furthest tree was 190' away and the tallest was around 120' according to the crane op (which is a really tall tree for this area). Enjoy!

(I did post this in the video section, just wanted to share again!)

classictruckman

Nice job, did the crane op mention why he was working over the front like that, seems like he could have been 10-15' closer to the trees had he backed up to the house.

matdand

Hmmm not sure, I would guess it had to do with installing the jib maybe??? He did tell me that in any case we were limited in capacity because of the jib so maybe it just didn't make a difference.

allmark

Nice job, did the crane op mention why he was working over the front like that, seems like he could have been 10-15' closer to the trees had he backed up to the house.
If he backed up to the garage he would not have been able to boom down as much and probably loose more reach than pulling up to the garage. The operator can also see more with the center of rotation further away from the garage.

classictruckman

If he backed up to the garage he would not have been able to boom down as much and probably loose more reach than pulling up to the garage. The operator can also see more with the center of rotation further away from the garage.
Good point, didn't notice the height of the garage, I still would have backed in but that's just me.

matdand

We had a guy come with a drone, he also had a pro camera on the ground, but I don't know what model or anything. The other shots were from a Contour Roam on my helmet and on the crane.