029 help

jeremywht2008

Cut down a tree for my elderly next door neighbor and he pulls out a saw, couple bars, and chains as a thank you.
Anyways took it apart cleaned everything good as it had been setting for many years. Got it running really good but once it gets hot and run out of gas or shut it down, it won't start up until it cools off. Have an idea of what it might be but thought I would ask here if anybody has any ideas.

Reach

Two problems I’ve seen that can cause that - either it gets hot and vapor locks, or the ignition module needs replaced. It sounds like it’s vapor locking to me, probably the fuel tank vent is clogged. Clean that and your problem should be resolved. To check it, when it acts up, crack the fuel cap open and try to start it again. If that makes it run, it needs a tank vent. If not, the ignition fouls could be the problem.

jeremywht2008

I was thinking coil, I believe I replaced the vent when I rebuilt the carb and all rubber lines. It's every time it gets warmed up which made me think the coil was getting hot then not putting enough spark to restart. I can refuel and try starting and nothing, so I would think the tank should be equalized.

Jehinten

I was thinking coil as well, although the tank vent makes sense as well, apart from the fact that you've replaced it and have refueled which would vent it. Changing out the coil should do it.

jeremywht2008

Finally got a replacement coil and that seems to have taken care if the restarting problem. Forgot that you have to almost completely tear it apart to to get it swapped. Seems to bog down now while cutting, hoping it's just a carb adjustment problem. Thanks for the input