It is copied from Gordon's ideas but I made it myself.

It worked well on used cougar, but slipped on new Yale 11.7 mm ropes.

It works well in new xtatic which I'm very happy about.

I'd be happy to go on about the device if you are interested.

Atothec, the rope is very brite and the colours appear differently from different angles and distances. I think it is a good substitute for cougar which is now difficult to get in North America.

Alex,

Surveyor makes something he calls the Linx. This is similar to that. I can't say much about that as I have only seen a few pictures.

This thing I made works with some limitations. It is too long and heavy and isn't mid line attachable.

If I can figure out how to make a Zigg Zagg type top I might be able to reduce the length of it.

I found that with my pulley/rack the inner edges of the side links needed to be rounded in order to not damage the rope. the headstock was adjustable on mine so that it was not reliant on a spring. The Lynx device was the same concept, but using the next smaller chain link size, and has a bollard under spring tension at the headstock.

@surveyor! i already have one! It’s great for stiff full static lines. I feel that the lynx would be bettter for softer ropes. Can i buy one of the lynx???

Media information

Category
Tree Climbing
Added by
treegongfu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

Image metadata

Device