treegongfu

20171114_105103

Xtatic !

20171114_105103
treegongfu, Nov 14, 2017
    • Z'sTrees
      That looks like a Gordon design, any more info?
    • treegongfu
      It is copied from Gordon's ideas but I made it myself.

It worked well on used cougar, but slipped on new Yale 11.7 mm ropes.

It works well in new xtatic which I'm very happy about.

I'd be happy to go on about the device if you are interested.
    • Alex Raab
      What is this a replica of???
    • atothec
      This is a very aesthetically pleasing picture to me.
    • treegongfu
      Atothec, the rope is very brite and the colours appear differently from different angles and distances. I think it is a good substitute for cougar which is now difficult to get in North America.
    • treegongfu
      Alex,

Surveyor makes something he calls the Linx. This is similar to that. I can't say much about that as I have only seen a few pictures.

This thing I made works with some limitations. It is too long and heavy and isn't mid line attachable.

If I can figure out how to make a Zigg Zagg type top I might be able to reduce the length of it.
    • surveyor
      I found that with my pulley/rack the inner edges of the side links needed to be rounded in order to not damage the rope. the headstock was adjustable on mine so that it was not reliant on a spring. The Lynx device was the same concept, but using the next smaller chain link size, and has a bollard under spring tension at the headstock.
    • Alex Raab
      @surveyor soooooooo. i am interested in buying one thoughts??
    • surveyor
      get an adjustable Bulldog Bone, it is lighter, more versatile, and mid-line friendly, plus I have some available. : )
    • Alex Raab
      @surveyor! i already have one! It’s great for stiff full static lines. I feel that the lynx would be bettter for softer ropes. Can i buy one of the lynx???
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Tree Climbing
    Uploaded By:
    treegongfu
    Date:
    Nov 14, 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G930W8
    Date / Time:
    2017:11:14 10:51:03
    Exposure Time:
    1/349 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 40
    Focal Length:
    4.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).